1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty Little Liars...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pinklov3ly, Aug 8, 2012.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been an avid fan of the show since the beginning and I absolutely fell in love with Shay's character, Emily. I'm so upset they killed Maya off the show :tears:. Has anyone read any of the books? I'm thinking about it, but I know there are major differences :dry:. Anyways, who else is a fan of the show/books?

2. Snowy

Snowy Guest

I used to be an avid fan of the show, but then I missed one episode in the current season and I never really got back to watching..

3. secretguyX

I love Pretty Little Liars! :grin: I'm more of a fan of the show, but I read the first two books and they were great. Aria and Toby are probably my favorite characters. I can't wait to see what happens!

4. Romi

So I started out thinking this was going to be the absolute dumbest show ever. I have never read the books. But my roommate/best friend is an avid ABC Family watcher and so every week I'd get drug into this PLL nonsense. And one day I realized....I had been so sucked in I was jumping and trying to solve the mystery of A myself. So even now that my best friend and I don't live together anymore, I still watch it every week.

Emily is kick ass. And there is just something about Spencer that I admire. I really enjoy Ezra as a character as well. It's kind of funny, because in one of the books I've been writing for the past two years...the main thread is about a student and teacher relationship. So when I saw this in PLL...I was happy to see I wasn't the only one who thought in those terms. Of course, my student and teacher are gay. >.>

Anyway. Yay for PLL.

5. Flow

I hated the show at first.. Then I got hooked. All the people on that show are so good looking.. x-x

6. Romi

Fitz. Enough said. :grin:

7. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a big PLL fan! I haven't seen the most recent episode but I usually watch every week. My favorite characters are Hannah and Emily. I looove Emily's storyline in season 1. And Hannah is hilarious. Season 3 hasn't been as good as 1 or 2 but I hope it gets better. My favorite guy is Caleb. He is awesome! He and Hannah are my top favorite couple. At least in season 2. I also like Emily's kissing scenes lol.

The only thing that gets on my nerves....very much so.....is the Ezra/Aria relationship. It is overplayed and I want some more time for the other characters. I always go to another tab or tune out when their scenes come on nowadays. I have an Ezra/Aria blinder on lol. Other than that though I really like the show.

8. itsjoanna

I loved PLL since the beginning. Marlene is doing an amazing job.
    I did try to read the books, but there's so much. And yes, there are major differences.
    People told me what happened at the end, so I'm kinda guessing it will end up to be that one person. We'll never know though.

They are all good lucking too, so, bonus! :wink: I completely adore Ashley Benson and Shay.

9. Flow

LOL He's okay for me.. The fact that he's a complete pedo in PPL is kind of a turn off. Now Noel on the other hand.. :eusa_droo

10. Romi

Noel...Why do douchebags always look the hottest? :lol:

11. Flow

It's just not fair.. :'(

12. dreamcatcher

Oh no... I never should have read this lol. Spoilers! I'm on season 2 but it's so addicting!!

13. Tim

Tim

Fitz isn't a pedophile.

Aria was 17 when they met (she's 18 now). In most states, that's legal. On top of that, he's only like 23 or 24 now. Again, in most states, that's completely legal. In most countries, at that. A 5-6 year age gap is not a very big one.

The ages are in the books, not the show. It can be assumed they're still the same though, as they talk about graduation and college.

I'm actually intrigued as to Mona being scared of the new A. I thought they were working together, but clearly Mona is scared of A and A is bugging her rooms to eavesdrop on her convos with Hannah. >_>

First 2 season's ending spoiler just to warn whoever hasn't seen it yet:

I hope they don't follow the book again. I was pissed they made Mona the first A, seeing as they said they WEREN'T following the book. If the second A is the same as the book, I'ma be pissed.

14. Gen

Gen

That show is like crack :C.

I was all caught up until the end of season 2 I think.( Light Spoilerish:The one when "A" is reveal.) But then I forgot that the next season started and now I'm way behind.

It wouldnt be that bad if I could find a place to catch up :frowning2:.

15. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love Emily but always hated Maya. I'm glad she's gone. Paige is a little better, but still a little clingy. The writers can't seem to give Emily a good girlfriend. Maya was always so rude, hot and cold, and just absent for Emily...plus she always had this creepy look about her. I know it was meant to be this seductive look, but the actress who played her (Bianca Lawson) was just ewww. Emily deserves better...and someone hotter! She should date Santana from Glee :wink:

16. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oops, I should have added spoilers to the thread title. I'll play as Emily's girlfriend, I really think they can do better...what happened to Samara? She was suppose to meet Paige initially, but she ended up meeting Emily instead. I can't wait for the summer finale, I'm sad and excited :slight_smile:

17. Tim

Tim

Well, the first A was revealed a few months ago. It's not really spoilers anymore. xD

Someone brought up an interesting point:

Aria's never been hurt by A. The most she's had is threats about her relationship with Ezra... what if Aria has something to do WITH A?

18. MrHojalata98

I like the show but trying to watch a chick flick without ppl giving you weird looks is kind of hard around here... So I had to get my sister to watch it with me while I "watched it because I have nothing better to do" I'm barely at the point where they find out who the first A is though so please no spoilers

19. Romi

Having never read the books, I've had my own speculations about things. I dunno...it could be interesting to see.

And why? Why do I have to work tonight while it's on? I guess I'll be DVRing it up.

20. Tim

Tim

But PLL is on Tuesdays... not Mondays?

The show has deviated so far from the books it's not funny. (Aside from Mona being the first A, and probably who the second A is, as they keep dropping hints that only people who read the books would actually pick up on.) (and no, it has nothing to do with my Aria comment)

In the books, Toby committed suicide like, in the first book. Ezra moved away and left Aria. Jenna was murdered (when the housefire occurred was when it would have happened), Emily decided she was bisexual, not a lesbian, Hannah started dating Aria's brother, etc. The story has changed so much because we have characters that should be dead, and characters that don't exist in the books. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: