1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Orange Box] I am still Alive [WOW]

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by InaRut, Jan 23, 2008.

1. InaRut

Well it's offical....I've beaten Orange Box. All 4 games beaten, and now I'm thinking, "Will there ever be a game as awesome as this one?"

If you have an XBOX 360, PC, PS3 or whatever-- you must get this game! Let me give you a runthrough of what to expect...

Half Life 2: Pretty dissapointing in the beginning. It starts with you in city 17--which is pretty cool place to explore...but what you get to the outer reaches and start driving around on a boat...the enviroment is repetitive and boring..and I found myself going, "Wow...this is nothing like the first Half Life." But once you get to a certain spot in the game..YOUR HOOKED. From causing a rebel up rising against the evil covenant, to dodging plasma canons ontop of a court house, to fighting one of the most bad ass creatures to fight in a game...(think war of the worlds tripod aliens) this game is at a wow level of about 7. Also expect a physics engine that will blow your mind!
    Not to mention:
    The Gravity Gun. A gun that lets you pick up any object and throw it at enemies. Including Buzz Saws to chop an enemy nice and juicily.

HL:2 Ep.1 : Amazing. From start to finish. From being thrown across a large gap inside a broken down van by a mechanical friend to fighting one of those bad ass aliens I talked about before up close and personal. Although short...and not much story...this is more actiony and more enviromentally involving then the first.

HL:2 EP.2: Probobly the best in the series. From fighting in a caverns infested with aliens!!!! to driving around in a car (that really purrss) in a huge out door enviroment to fighting off bad ass aliens during a deadly assault.

Portal: :jawdrop: Enough said.

Team Fortress 2: Although it looked stupid. It happens to be alot of fun if you play with the right people. It's a cartoon-y styled mutiplayer shoot em up, but when you get playing it you realise it's so much more.

So that's my review on Orange Box. And for your information, Valve would like to remind you that Inarut is not being paid for any posts which may seem like an advertisement.

Now if you excuse me I have a new mercedes to drive...

And for the EC'ers who have Played Orange Box
    [​IMG]

RUN AWAY!!!

2. Ty

Ty Guest

OMG

Phil, you've come out of your little Xbox rut >.>

3. Jeimuzu

I have the Orange Box. Only one game runs on my laptop; Peggle extreme. I'm honestly not making that up.

4. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Portal is amazing. Hilarious. I love it.

5. InaRut

Hahahaha,
    Hey? What was that? I don't know what that is. Whatever you do don't pick it up.
    You think I'm using reverse psychology?