1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV Shows/Episodes are special to you?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KeanusGuitarus, Aug 15, 2012.

1. KeanusGuitarus

East Australia, in NSW, quite a while from Sydney.
    Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Title says it.

For me, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The episode "Over a Barrel" made me think 'This is actually a pretty cool show'. :slight_smile:

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm only doing sit coms (and only my favourites) because otherwise we'll be here forever but:

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Denis and Dee Go On Welfare (also Frank Sets Sweet Dee On Fire and The Gang Go Jihad)
    Community: Regional Holiday Music (also Remedial Chaos Theory)
    Daria: Cafe Disaffecto (also Psycho Therapy)
    30 Rock: Anna Howard Shaw Day (also Cleveland, and Blind Date)
    Nighty Night: Season 1, Episode 5
    Seinfeld: The Contest
    Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Bow tie (and The Grand Opening)
    Arrested Development: Good Grief (and Top Banana)
    Friends: The One With The Apothecary Table (also The One With Ross' Teeth and The One Where The Stripper Cries)

I'm also rather ashamed to admit the Being Erica episode 'Leo' is the only tv show or movie that has ever made me cry. (The first season was good, god damn it!)

#2 Kerze, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  3. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've already mentioned Xena: Warrior Princess a few times in my posts but that show will always have a place in my heart. No words can describe how special that show was to me during that confusing time in my life. It pretty much changed me :') One episode that I'll always remember first watching is "Ides of March".

I also think that Teen Titans really played a part in my pre-adolescent years. Something about that show just made me fall in love with it. "Birthmark" has always been my favorite episode because it was the first time I got to see my favorite character (Raven) become emotionally vulnerable to others.

Lol I'm starting to think that I seriously have no life :eusa_danc

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine would be the acceptance episode of house. I think that it means so much to me because it was the first time that I heard about the stages of grief. Every time I watch this episode, it reminds me of what I was going through at that time.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I watch a lot of television, and I have a favorite episode of every show I watch, so I’ll stop with my top 3 (in no particular order.)

Raising Hope - Dream Hoarders, because Jimmy realizes that dreaming is important, and thusly drops my favorite line of the whole series, "If you stop dreaming, you're just sleeping." There are many episodes of this show that I count among my favorites, but this one is at the top of my list.

Scrubs - My Boss's Free Haircut, the ending scene where Collide by Howie Day is playing while Turk and Carla sit by her mother's grave after having had a fight that lasted a few episodes gets me every time. And the scene where Bob Kelso explains that, "Nothing worth having comes easy."

Roseanne - Into that Good Night, Part 2 The last half of the episode wraps up the entirety of the series in a 10 minute monologue, explaining where creative people get their inspiration, how she took her life story and changed the parts she didn't like to work out the way she thought they should have, and talking about losing her husband. This part makes me so inspired and emotional at the same time, and I can freely quote the ending monologue verbatim. Plus this episode gave me one of my favorite quotes of all time: