1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Connor, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Connor

Connor Guest

Hate. It's just so boring, watching people lying around chatting is just the most monotonous and uninteresting thing you could ever do. I could see that for free in my very own home. Also, it goes on for too long. It just cut 2 minutes into this television program I want to watch. I'm annoyed, how dare the Live Big Brother go on for so long? I'd rather be watching anything else than watching people grieving over someone being evicted. It should have been discontinued at the first instalment.

What are your opinions? Does it offend and annoy you as much as it does me?

#1 Connor, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't watch TV at all.

I get annoyed when they are going on about it on the local radio station breakfast show every morning. They must be paid to talk it up so much.

But no matter what they say it just continues to convince me that not watching TV and getting rid of the TV licence was the right decision!

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yer .. i cant even be asked watching it nemore.. people are liking it less now.. soo boring.. now

4. Ty

Ty Guest

I never watched any of them..... UNTILL PETE BURNS CAME IN IT. Best program ever, i loved pete. I watched the next one, but it was shit so i kinda went off it. I'll never forget petes time in the house hahaha so funny.

5. 24601

I like Big Brother... it's the only show I actually look forward to watching. It's so stupid that it gives me a break from the seriousness of my life. The next American one starts February 12th.

6. CrimsonThunder

Well watch a different channel, you know you whining about it only advertises the show.

I love big brother. =]

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I like Big Brother too!

8. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got tired of it after 6 editions here.

9. BabyBoy

Big Brother=Crap

MTV's Real World vs Road Rules Challenge=The best shit ever

10. Connor

Connor Guest

I'd be completely happy to watch another program, the fact is that Big Brother cuts into time that should have been spent on another show. I did not turn my television on to put myself through the agony of seeing Big Brother. I was punctual, the thing I wanted to watch should have been on. Switching the channel would defeat the point as Big Brother and the thing I wanted to see are on the same channel. I don't care if other people watch the program, so my "advertising" of it is irrelevant.

In fact, if Big Brother had not encroached onto my television watching time - this thread wouldn't have been posted. I wouldn't be annoyed with it.

#10 Connor, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  11. dictionary

J'detest.... lo at me trying to speak french

i dont like it... i dont watch it... just filled with bogans id watch it if they peoplke on there were smart and talked about inportant stuff not just debate about farts...

12. Alexander

The only show I watched consistently was QaF season 4.

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only reason I've ever watched Big Brother is to look at the attractive people.

Every single one of the local radio breakfast shows drive me up the wall. Usually they go on about nonsense and have a 3rd grade sense of humour. I end up listening to CBC radio 2 in the morning because it has calming classical music and minimal chatting.

One hosts on one station has the most irritating voice I've ever heard. Her voice is a cross between a dying witch, a dying cat, a dying crow, and someone dying while dragging their nails down a chalkboard. My old clock-radio has huge crack in it from when I was smashing it trying to shut her up.

14. lostinthought9

i actually got into big brother season 8, it was pretty interesting, and they had Nick there....google him, you wont be sorry.....but after he got evicted or w/e, i pretty much lost interest in it....but if they make season 9 available on showtime for satellite, i'll probably watch it....

15. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to watch Big Brother all the time before series 7 when I couldn't take any more of it. Although I've always hated the celebrity versions, I must admit I've gotten into the big brother hijack program this year. I like how its only on for a few weeks, the contestants are actually talented and some of the celebrities are quite good and changing them every day is quite refreshing

However the endless live coverage is a joke. Whenever I turn on they can't show what they're saying so all you hear are birds tweeting. They could be showing plenty of other programs instead. I won't watch the proper version over the summer though, I wouldn't be able to stand more than a couple of weeks of it.

16. Kaspian

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i think im mad but hey.. i love big brother.. not so keen on the Hijack, i love the format just this series aint gripped me into it.