1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunger Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MatthewJS, Aug 18, 2012.

1. MatthewJS

I just watched The Hunger Games and I LOVED it! So much action and blood. I cried when Rue died. I was attracted to Josh Hutcherson (Peeta). I wish I was Katniss LOL!!

2. BudderMC

^ read the books, they're even better. Though as far as book-turned-movie movies go, this is pretty good...

I thought Josh was cute at first, but ever since seeing the Peeta memes on the Internet with his hilariously dopey smile, I can't think of him any other way.

3. MatthewJS

I read the 1st book

4. Jared

I liked the books but thought the first ones by far the best and the sequels weren't as good. As for the movie I thought that it was one of the better book to movie adaptations, but the books are better. I just picked up the blu ray, so time to go watch it again :slight_smile:

5. Hazel

I saw the movie and enjoyed it, but not enough to go get the books. Sorry folks.

6. matteos88

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I saw the movie but haven't read the books. It has a cool and unique story but the film just felt vague, too many holes in the plot. Cool concept but poorly executed, not enough to feel for any of the characters I'm afraid. I am sure it did not live up to expectations as the hard copies but it won't make me go and buy the books.

7. SkyDiver

This is one of those few cases where I thought the movie was far, far better than the book.

8. Gen

Gen

I hated the movie. It didnt do the book justice at all.

I have to agree with Cornella though. It did seem like the sequels we less interesting than the first. In my opinion it would have been better to either end it after the first, or make the first the last book, because if you start a series off in a great amount of suspense and conflict than you have to keep that up throughout the whole series. I feel like the "Hunger Games" was a a big enough theme to base the series off of.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loved all three books. Enjoyed the movie too :slight_smile:

10. ANightDude

I thought the movie was phenomenal. This day in age getting such a great adaptation of a novel for the screen (a teen oriented novel, no less) is such a rare thing, but the values of it blew me away. The script is fantastic - only a few "eh" moments here and there - the acting is incredible, the direction is superb, it's very well done.

I'm actually really bummed Gary Ross isn't returning to direct, I thought he did a fantastic job.

I'm sorry though, when people say that the film was bad, honestly, I can't understand why. It's just one of those things that I suppose is left up to people's opinions, and that's fine and I respect that and all, but... wow. How on earth people can find it a bad movie absolute surprises me. It's not a masterpiece, but damn it's good.

And yeah, I've read the trilogy three times and find the novels so great as well.

11. paul

The movie was exactly as good as it thought it would be. And it was pretty good. My only complaint would be that during the action scenes the camera seemed somewhat shaky. Besides that a great flick. Actually saw it twice in theaters over the span of a week

12. Gen

Gen

Oh, I dont think the movie was bad at all. I just personally am baised having really enjoyed the book before-hand. The acting was amazing, especially by the main characters. I wasnt fond of the environment/shakey cam/"realistic" style, but that is just preference.

The reason why I said that the movie doesnt do the book justice is mainly because the book was written in first person and in it Katniss is really the only one talking(thinking) for 90%. Virtually ALL knowledge on what is going on in the book is relayed to the reader through Katniss. Since movies are shown in third person, much of the suspense, emotion, connections, knowledge, were all lost. I feel like there could have been a way for supplementing the first person, but either way it doesnt make it bad. I'm just baised lol.

13. Tim

Tim

I always feel like I'm in the minority.

Although the movie was interesting, I actually didn't like it. Nor the books.

The entire movie seemed like a ripoff of a book we read in High School called "The Lottery", just on a grander scale, and had the people fight to the death, rather than the other villagers just stone the loser.

The overall plot of the movie was very cliche as well.

I think I'd like it more if I hadn't read the Lottery. But as I did, as far as I'm concerned, this movie was pretty crappy and far from original.

14. stephenjack

great books and movie! my favorite book was the second one but we all know they were all great . yea, i agree that it followed the book far better than most book-movie stories go and it was so much fun. i saw it a couple times and i have a poster in my room. also, josh hutcherson is amazing(acting okay too)

15. Yuri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Liam Hemsworth was in the movie for all of minutes. So pointless