1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite kind of music?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dummy, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Dummy

So hey.... I was wondering what's your favorite kind of music?
    I like grunge,numetal,clasic rock,trip hop,heavy metal,electronica,drum and bass,punk,hard rock,symphonic metal,,blues,death metal,black metal,alternative rock,Doom metal,rock and roll,gothic metal,jazz,progressive rock,trrash metal,etc,etc,etc...
    Though I don't like labeling music. Just want to give you a clue...

2. Jared

I listen to a lot of pop and soft rock, but country and punk rock are my favorites. Though I like most music, except rap and metal.

3. paul

When I was younger (12ish) up until about half a year ago, I was a big fan of rap and hip hop. Around when I started listening to Tyler, the Creator, I began listening to Frank Ocean because they are in the same collective. Since then I am mainly just listening to R&B. Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, John Legend--I highly suggest them all
    Paul

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'd say metal is my favorite kind of music. There aren't many kinds of metal I won't listen to (it's pretty much limited to hair metal and any subgenre with the words "grind" or "core" in their name), but I'm particularly fond of black metal, power metal, folk metal, and anything melodic. As far as bands go, in no particular order, I love Otep, Agalloch, Nightwish, Woods of Desolation, Rammstein, Abysmal Dawn, and Megadeth's and Metallica's thrashier material.

5. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hard rock and speed metal for me, and some classical if im in the mood. Though I can listen to anything except rap.

Favorite bands: dragonforce, lordi, skillet, ramstein, and five finger death punch

6. heyou

heyou Guest

'Melodic Death Metal' mostly. But I like most metal subgenres and some rock too.

7. matteos88

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I pretty much listen to any kind of music, but I would skip most raps, heavy metal and that kind of electronica radios put at night. I would not call myself an expert in music at all.
    I listened a lot of rock and pop a few years back. I do not have a favourite artist in general.
    I have now moved onto instrumental and celtic music, it helped with school homework a lot. I would stay locked in my room and draw for 6 hours straight.

8. MatthewJS

Pop (not Lady Gaga) and rap only Nicki Minaj

9. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indie pop and indie folk style stuff, mostly, with a dash of mainstream.
    Powerful or interesting female vocalists are my favorites.
    April Smith and the Great Picture Show, Ingrid Michaelson, Kimbra, Leona Lewis, P!nk, Natalia Kills, Jhameel, Florence + the Machine, to name a few.

10. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only listen to trance, drum & bass, house, and a little bit of mainstream dance music here and there.

11. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Every type of metal,rock,hardcore,metalcore,hard rock, that sort of thing. Punk rock and screamo are my favorites though. I also listen to some dubstep and dance/electronica, but not all the time.:music:

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2012 at 09:36 PM ----------

I can't stand country or classical music. *makes puke face*

12. spellbound

spellbound Guest

what she said but i love county and appreciate classical

13. sugarcubeigloo

I do love my fair share of pop music. :lol:

But the majority of my music collection, I'm not sure how to define it. Indie... indie folk... maybe alternative? I don't know. Whenever I'm with friends, they make fun of my "girl with acoustic guitar" collection of music. Its pretty much what I listen to. :slight_smile:

14. Praetor

Open to pretty much any genre, 'cept country (sorry, not my cup of tea). I especially like electronic stuff. Daft Punk ftw! :grin:

15. vyvance

Happy Hardcore/UK Hardcore, Hands Up, EuroDance, Vocal Trance, Metalcore.

16. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Prog-Rock, Psychedelic, Shoegaze, Noise Rock, Lo-fi, Slowcore, Trip-Hop, Twee-Pop, Folk (Mostly minmal Singer-Songwriter stuff as opposed to bands), Protopunk, Post-Punk, Punk, Riot Girl, Dream Pop, Post-Rock, Blues, Experimental, 60's Pop (Wall of Sound Spector stuff), IDM, Brit-Pop

I'm not really a fan of music metal, rap, pop or dance music although there are some exceptions.

I like classical but I don't really go out of my way to listen to it very often. My mum is a big fan of Country and Folk so I grew up with a lot of that playing around the house and it has a special place in my heart.

17. Harve

[​IMG]

These kinds are my favourites.

18. timo

^ Johnny Foreigner, Animal Collective and Los Campesinos!, that's one great music taste you have there.

As I love last.fm to death, and love random charts even more, I had one made too:
    [​IMG]

19. CottonBolus

CottonBolus Guest

Favorite? Classical. I'll listen to hip pop and the like when I'm in the right mood. But I can listen to classical any time.

20. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I pretty much only listen to Synthpop, Dark wave, and New wave, especially if it's from the 80s,

I mainly listen to Depeche Mode, Desireless, Dead or Alive, Ladytron, Eurythmics, The Cure

I pretty much enjoy anything from the 80s and 90s

I also really enjoy Bjork, but I'm not sure what genre she is in