1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor who fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nocturnal, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Calling out all Doctor who Fans! Is there any in EC that is still active?

I love this show! I wish it was real. xD

2. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Omg who doesn't!? I love Doctor Who!!!:grin: My mom always says that I watch it obsessively, and I guess it's kinda true, Lol... I'm so excited for the new season!:slight_smile:

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I found out about it last year. But I didn't watch it till this summer. (Thanks you netflix for having all the seasons) & I was like "o___o" Why didn't I know about this?! haha. When is the next season coming out?

Who's your favorite doctor and companion? :}

4. Mogget

Don't have a favorite Doctor (comparing the Doctors of new Who is like comparing apples and oranges), but my favorite companion, hands-down, is Donna Noble. Jack Harkness is in eighth place (because Donna's also in second through seventh place). Then Rory. Then Martha. Then Amy. Then Rose. I am not a fan of Rose and Ten, although Rose and Nine could be cool. I'm not counting some of the other, more minor companions.

5. blightedsight

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Donna is hilarious. I liked Rose & the 9th. But the 9th sadly didn't last long. Then I had to get used to Rose & the 10th. 11th & Amy isn't bad either. I dislike none but if I had to choose I'd pick the 10th.

Sorry I didn't that thread.
    & oh really? Challenge accepted. xD
    Hahaha, JK.

My phone text tone is the sound of the sonic screwdriver. Lol. >_<

7. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im a new whovian, but a fan all the same, im only on season two so I cant really say who my favorite companion is, however my favorite doctor so far is tennant.

8. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

:grin: Isn't it great?
    & Tennant is amazing. He makes it more emotional.
    Season 5&6 is a lot different in my opinion. But not bad different. x)

9. Silvails52

LIES!!! I would win that! I saw this thread and I was like: O.O OMG!!! I got so excited. I'm trying to get one of my friends to start watching, and I know she would love it.

10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Get her to watch! She'll thank you!

11. blightedsight

I've spent over 20 years watching(far more than I should) episodes of a TV show that spans 50 years.
    In my time, I've spent more than a few weekends just doing nothing but watching Doctor Who. I've met every single living Doctor(and quite a few companions) and been to numerous conventions.

I'm not JUST on about NuWho(which, by the way, I'll still win:thumbsup: ), I'm on about the whole darned show.

:grin:

12. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Well, I'm jealous...
    xD

13. blightedsight

You should be - Who is awesome and it's cast is generally speaking, fantastic.:grin:

14. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

It must have been glorious!

15. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's about 7 Doctor Who threads but they're all unsearchable so the moment it drops off the first few pages of the forum they're basically gone forever.

I've watched every episode of the revival on it's air date since the first episode. It actually makes me a little panic-y when I think about the fact that I'm not going to have a TV licence this year so I won't be able to watch live. The extent to which I love this show is just :icon_bigg. My favourite episodes are Blink, Midnight and The Empty Child. I'm such a massive fanboy. Aprx 70% of all my friendships irl were built through Doctor Who (it's not actually that many people...).

Anyway, if I were to order the 'main' companions since the revival I would have to go with

Donna
    River
    Amy
    Rose
    Rory
    Sarah Jane
    Jack

Donna is first. But then River, Amy, Rose, Rory and Sarah Jane and equal. I don't mind Jack, although I don't particularly like him either. I bloody hate Martha, she's the worst. When I saw the preview for The Sontaran Stratagem and saw she was coming back, I groaned. As for Doctors, I can't rate them. 9, 10 AND 11 are all equal in my heart.

Is anyone also annoyed that it's been 2 seasons and they still haven't explained why the Tardis exploded?

#15 Kerze, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  16. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Martha seemed disposable. But she made some funny comments.

At first I didn't like the beginning of the 11th. But I got used to him & it got better!

That's true, no explanation. e__e

17. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ahhhh I love doctor who :grin:
    My favourite doctor was the 10th and my favourite companion has to be Rose, when the doctor and Rose are stood on the beach saying goodbye... Oh god, saddest moment of my life :frowning2:

18. Neph

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have to say Rose is my favorite. Just something totally badass about stepping through a rift in time and space with a gun almost as big as you are.

19. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Tennant is a great actor.

"I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Beach scene. T^ T

I'd have to agree about Rose being a bad ass. xD

20. rg93

Yes, Tennant was totally my favourite. It made me sad to see him go, since we have had him for 2 seasons. :frowning2:

I also liked Rose alot, dat sista knows how it's done! :grin:

But I still think that my favourite episodes were the ones with the wheeping angels