1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any comic book nerds?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by littlebear133, Aug 20, 2012.

1. littlebear133

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What ones do you pick up?

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    a friend just showed me Gambit has a new comic...must get!!!

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really buy comics anymore because I don't have very much money, although I do still buy TPB's of major story lines. I still have hundreds from when I did get them all the tim though. My mum tried to make me get rid of them, but I just can't. I'm a marvel guy, I've never really read DC. I love the X-Men, The Avengers and Spiderman, so those are the ones I used to get and still try to keep up with. I also love The Exiles.

All I'm buying at the moment is Avengers VS X-Men, because OMG, and Before Watchmen, because Watchmen is probably my favorite book ever.

4. Bolin

*raises hand* My current second favorite obsession (the first being Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra).

I actually checked out a few comics from the library yesterday: Marvel: Secret War, Siege: X-Men, X-Men: First Class (not based on the movie), and The Complete Frank Miller Spider-Man.
    I mostly read Marvel comics, more specifically, Uncanny X-Men. I'm not a fan of reading individual issues, so I usually wait for them to be combined in a trade paperback since its easier for me to read (and there are no ads in them). My main goal is to completely finish the Phoenix Saga (with Jean Grey). I've read the Dark Phoenix saga up through Endsong (which is the end of the main canon Jean Grey story [we think]), so I just need to read the very beginning when she first meets the Phoenix Force. I'm reading Secret War, so that one should be done by the end of today. I still need to read Civil War, so I guess I'll see if my public library system has that one.

I guess I should start reading Avengers vs X-Men, but from what I see on Tumblr, it looks like a hot mess, but since it has to do with the Phoenix Force, I guess I'm kinda obligated to read it, if only for Jean Grey references.

I don't read too much DC, and the only thing I actively want to get into is Batwoman and Zatanna (if she has her own comic book series).

5. littlebear133

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aw I'm a dc guy, never cared for marvel. I pick up batman, batman decetitve, suicide squad, Earth 2(with a gay green lantern!) Before watchmen. Then zenescopes wonderland

6. MusicIsLife

I would say semi, only because I've just recently started reading comics. I've picked up Umbrella Academy, Watchmen, Buffy season 8 and I'm actively looking for the Serenity graphic novels.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

can you say: HOT!

8. littlebear133

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gambit is kinda sexy, plus his accent mmmm

9. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I have “The Fate of the Phoenix” original copy (not a reprint) signed personally by Christ Claremont, I have met Stan Lee twice, and I own many, MANY original copies of X-Men comics from the 60s-now. I own Phoenix’s debut and many other X-Men’s...including Gambit’s :wink:

10. MsH

MsH

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Batwoman New 52. That is all I can say. (Though I also love the xmen, wolverine, black widow, hawkeye, wonder woman and Ten Grand... so I suppose I can say a bit more :icon_bigg)

11. rena

Wonder woman all the way, im very proud of my collection :slight_smile:

12. Holly

I'd love get into them I've just never gotten round to actually buying them. I'm a big reader, and it would be an expansion of my reading, I've just never gotten round to it :L

13. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I just picked up IDW's Infestation 2011, I wanted to read it for the longest time but I had to be 18, now that I am almost 19 this month I think it is around that time I should read.

14. pancake111

Hell Yeah!! Batgirl New 52 is amazing! Along with Batwoman and Wonderwoman. I;ve read the first few suicide squad new 52 issues. I'm really into graphic novels like 100 bullets and The Sandman. And Batman is my hero!!!

15. Jordane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love comics! I love Batwoman Kate Kane is a great character and she's gay. I also love Batman, nightwing, Batgirl, Red robin, superman from Dc. From Marvel I just like Spider-Man (I'm not really into marvel that much. Dc all the way!)

16. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dp used to be Deadpool hugging Spiderman so it is a bit self explanatory.

Keep Calm

And

Think In Yellow Boxes

17. RainbowScratch

Out Status:
    A few people
    I got a few MLP commics does that count?