1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion of Jeffree Star?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SriManayaDasan, Aug 22, 2012.

1. This is my VERY subjective and VERY biased opinion.

I used to be a fan of him in High school, but have recently grown to be annoyed, to sometimes slightly pissed-off, by him.

First off, his music sucks. In the beginning he produced most of his own work and, while it did sound amateurish (it was produced on early GarageBand), it showed that he did have some talent. However, his lyrics have always been void of any real meaning. There are more things to sing about than cupcakes, sex, glitter, cupcakes, relationships, sugar, partying, getting drunk and cupcakes. His lyrics have the mentality of a High school freshman (which is probably why I used to like him so much) and, even at 26, he doesn't show any growth as an artist. One need look no further than his song "Blow me". :bang:

Secondly, he is a walking stereotype. A super skinny, superficial gay man obsessed with beauty and a complete jerk to those who disagree with him? Yep. Sounds about right. There are plenty of people who say that he's an a**hole to, not only his "haters", but even to the people who support his career! Of course, this is all speculation, but there is plenty of it. Also, so there is no mistake, his androgyny does not bother me, but his obsession with superficiality does.

If you are a fan of his, that's fine. You can like whomever you want. However, I think he's not a good musician or a nice person. That is all.

2. Crystal's Vaporeon

Truthfully I never got into him (Maybe because I never took the time to actually check out his music and what not) though I am a fan of a band very close to him... Blood On The Dance Floor, but they aren't really relevant here.
    I can't really judge to much because of my lack of knowledge about his music but just from looks he kinda scared me xD
    Sure he chooses to dress like that and what no and I'm not saying I have a problem with that but bright pink hair, the over exaggerated eye shadows and those drawn on eyebrows really turn me off.
    And a lot of the pictures I've seen of him really don't make him look like the most attractive singer out there.

3. Romi

Hmm....I feel a little on the fence here. See...I will admit to liking his music and him. But it's always a very torn liking. Let me explain.

I agree with many of the things said. His being superficial annoys me, but at the same time it is also what makes him him. If he weren't superficial, he would be a very different person. For better or worse, who knows? Who cares? Yes, it may be a bit bothersome at times, but it's fine if he wants to be that way. That's just who he is.

His lyrics really don't have much depth at all, but there is one song I think he excelled at as far as pushing some meaning into. And it's probably one reason why I'll back him up and say that he does have a legit sincere side to him, even if its not shown. He's a person like the rest of us.

Anyway...so what if he falls into that kind of stereotype? Whether we want to or not, we all fall into some kind of stereotype, sometimes even without us realizing it. But back to my liking him...

I do like his music, even if it's not well thought out or a masterpiece, or even if the lyrics are about dumb shit. It's the kind of 'fuck all' feeling it gives me. I don't listen to him often, but when I do its a nice break from everything else. It kinda gives me a chance to just...I dunno..pretend I'm a wild crazy kid who just doesn't give a fuck? Or something. That probably sounded totally lame. Plus, appearance wise, he's a pretty good muse for one of my characters. Ehn. I guess that's it.

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I like some of his songs and I can appreciate his fashion. He takes genderqueer to new heights and that has to count for something. To be totally honest though I don't see how Jeffree Star is any more superficial or rude or mean or over the top or whatever than Nicki Minaj is. I like him, but he isn't my all-time-favorite performer, or even in my top 20.

5. Flow

I like some of his songs.. Can't hate on the guy for doing his thing.. Don't really care for him though.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I positively despise him...mainly because my partner plays his music CONSTANTLY.

Lex

7. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he can be pretty funny with some of the comments he makes, but that's about it.

This video here is my favorite of him, it's hilarious. *It does have some bad language*

Jeffree Star Calls Sharolaid

8. i mind him back when i was like 14 lol he did the ice cream song or sowt.

few years back he was okay, dont know of him much now though

9. Gen

Gen

LEAVE NICKI ALONE :,C!!

But, in all seriousness, I am not familiar at all with Jeffree. I looked him up, but I choose to refrain from giving my negative opinions any artist. Artist such as Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga get scruitinized for making music that doesnt make sense and being untalented. Kesha gets scruitinized for not being serious enough. But everytime you see them they seemed to be enjoying theirselves. Music is not a position filled job. Them producing their music and doing what they want to do in their lives doesnt hurt anyone, so I dont see why we should act like they must live up to some moral code.

Nicki Minaj has a song were she say "stupid hoe" at least 50 times. Lady Gaga shouts "Ra" at you for like 5 minutes in one. But I cant lie, both songs are horrible catchy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. They arent making music expecting someone to be uplifted by it. They are doing it because they enjoy it and like having a little fun with it.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Comparing Gaga to either Nicki Minaj or Jeffree Star is like comparing, oh, a Rolls Royce to a rusted bicycle. :slight_smile:

Comparing Nicki Minaj to Jeffree Star is like comparing, oh, two rusted bicycles :slight_smile:

11. Allecto

Wait, people still care about Jeffree Star? I thought his relevancy came and went with Myspace.

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankfully, I think both he and Matthew Lush have mostly faded into the 15-minute-has-beens. :slight_smile:

13. needshelp

LMAO! jeffree star is still around? isn't he signed to akon's label?

14. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I love Jeffree!!! If you look up fierce, all you will find is pictures of him. Yes, he may be slightly materialistic and can be an ass at times, but I truly believe in one message he send across. Don't be afraid to be yourself, and no matter how different you are, you'll never be alone. :slight_smile: And I love his music. My favorite song is "Prisoner"... and it's actually about being in love with someone and not being afraid to take risks just so you can be with them. <3

15. Tycho

Can't say I care for him what so ever. Just a name that comes up now and then more or less hahaha.

16. Sherri

Ew pretty much sums it up. I don't care for him. The only reason I've ever even heard of him was because my little brother got really into him a while back. No thanks xD.