1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avicii - Silhouettes (Transgender content)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lance, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is about the only music video I've seen that has something to do with transgender individuals. It's nice to see something like that coming from a decently known artist. The song itself seems to kind of relate to the transgender subject as well, but of course it can be seen as having lots of different meanings to different people. If you don't know, he's most popular for the song "Levels."

Avicii - Silhouettes

2. Gen

Gen

I had never heard of him, but I did enjoy the video. At first I was afraid that they had taken a knew model in to be the women, when she was getting dressed. But you could still tell it was the same person in the end. Transitions are often portrayed as heres a guy, heres girl, he used to be her. And its like really :/. I'm not saying they cant actually look like they final gender, but when they pick two noticeably different people it seems quite insulting. And I'm not even transgender.