1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay/bi and a Metalhead Check in here!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by everett, Aug 29, 2012.

1. everett

I am just curious to meet my fellow heavy metal brothers and sister of the LGBT community!

Major fan of slipknot, ozzy, rob zombie, arch enemy, mushroomhead, devildriver, as I lay dying, dimmu borgir, korn, anthrax, slayer, Metallica, amon amarth, volbeat, hellyeah, mudvayne, cannible corspe, lamb of god (fave band), judus priest, fear factory, god forbid, manicupal waste, white chapel, sevendust, dethklok, Messhuga,rammstein, static x, swashbuckle, system of a down, symphony x, strapping young lad, deven townsend, the vision bleak, pantera, chimarea, dagoba, ministry, psyclon nine, and thats all I can think of at the moment. Let me know guys! =D

2. heyou

heyou Guest

Uhh, hai. :3

I'm mostly into MDM but I enjoy all metal subgenres: In Flames (old stuff, fav band), Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquility, Carcass, Amorphis, Wintersun, Soilwork, At The Gates, Gojira, Meshuggah, Fear Factory, Strapping Young Lad, Lamb of God, Dimmu Borgir, Katatonia (old stuff), Anathema (old stuff), The Unguided, Sonic Syndicate, Miss May I, The Agonist, Pantera, Ozzy, Amon Amarth, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Avantasia, Edguy, Nightwish, Dream Theater, Behemoth, Dethklok, Pain...

3. everett

HEY HEY GOOD TASTE! =D and yes Children of Bodom is a good band as is, Iron Maiden and old Nightwish is great!

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Jeez, did you guys just list every metal band you've ever heard of or something? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Maybe I just listen to music differently from how you do, but I couldn't fathom calling myself a fan of that many bands. That's just too many for me to split my attention between.

Anywho, just to keep this short and manageable: my favorites are Agalloch (favorite band right now), Nightwish (former favorite), Otep, Rammstein, and Metallica and Megadeth for their thrashier material. I enjoy other bands, certainly, but those are the big ones that I love.

5. everett

Oh trust me dear, I have so many more to list I just listed my major favorites =3 and good taste in music as well! Megadeth was great...till mustaine become more and more of a biggot. Ugh....

6. Shevanel

I also love Metal, but bi. xD

7. everett

Im going to fix the title here, I really should have thought this out!
    Edit= Cannot Edit the title, Im sorry but could a staff member change it so the title is more friendly and less discriminatory? >.<

#7 everett, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  8. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a thread I can get behind :grin:
    I listen to many of the bands already listed, so some that I like that haven't been mentioned yet are Nile, Arsis, Light This City, Annotations of an Autopsy, Job for a Cowboy, and Necrophagist

9. BudderMC

Done. Not because it's really discriminatory, but I wanted to see if I could even do it or not. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And now I will duck out of this overwhelmingly... metal... thread... *vanish*

10. everett

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu (*hug*)

11. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Bi metal head right here!

Some bands I like: Dragonforce, Disturbed, Lordi, Anvil, Five Finger Death Punch, Skillet, Drowning Pool. Im open to any metal as long as I can understand the words.

12. everett

Very nice taste =D, didnt dragonforce get another lead singer :confused:

13. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah and in my opinion he sounds much better than the old one. Pretty hot too

14. everett

I need to check him out then!

15. heyou

heyou Guest

Well then open your mind! Check some melodic death metal bands... some of them such as Children of Bodom (check out their album 'Follow the Reaper'), Norther and Kalmah have similar instrumental to power metal so it's worth it and you get used to the harsh vocals pretty fast, getting to the point of actually enjoying it (and gutural too) because it makes an amazing contrast with the instrumental part. It's not like pure death metal, it's more complex and softer.

I wasn't into many bands either, but once I found last.fm (check it out) it really got into some amazing music and metal subgenres I didn't even know existed. And there is no such thing as 'split time' once all the music you got is equally amazing! :icon_wink

16. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a metal fan as well but...
    I also like pop, techno/dance, and some country.

17. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Metalhead, love screamo, and a lesbian. Woot! (!)

18. featherpaint

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    metalhead here too...although I like everything from 20s jazz n blues to slayer....kinda depends on my mood what I listen to....

19. Dummy

Let me add Epica, Anathema and System Of A Down in that list...

20. timo

Not sure if I completely belong here but I'm more of a metalcore (and hardcore) kid. Architects, While She Sleeps, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, I Killed The Prom Queen, Miss May I. Bands like that.

Not a fan of Nightwish-esque bands, or death / black metal.