1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronic music anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Derp, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Derp

Out Status:
    A few people
    I really love EDM. Have for a long time. Been into hardstyle lately. Been shuffling before LMFAO haha.

What EDM songs/artists do you guys like?

2. Praetor

I love electronic!!

Spent quite a few hours just exploring the humongous genre. I love some of the dance stuff and even some of the ambient and non-dance stuff.

More "dance"y artists would probably include:
    Daft Punk/Anything by Thomas Bangalter or Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christeo
    Eric Prydz/Pryda/Cirez D
    Deadmau5
    Martin Solveig
    Avicii
    Justice
    Mord Fustang

I'm also really getting into disco house, and there's some really interesting indie artists out there like Louis La Roche or Darius which definitely deserve to be checked out, as well as bigger acts like Duck Sauce.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been strictly listening to electronic music since I was about 12 years old so I have a pretty refined ear for it. I mostly listen to trance and drum & bass.

4. Vesper

I'm really into drum & bass/liquid funk/whatever-you-call-it right now, and my favorite artist in that genre is Bachelors of Science ("Song for Lovers", "The Rush", "The Ice Dance"). I also quite like Pendulum.

Chicane is quickly becoming a favorite; I especially like the track "So Far Out to Sea".

I used to be really into chiptunes, with my favorite artists being Anamanaguchi and Trash80. I still do listen to chiptunes on occasion, though, but not nearly as much.

I also listen to a fair amount of music from more popular electronic artists, like M83 and Air. Other popular artists I like include Röyksopp and Ratatat. I occasionally listen to some Pretty Lights.

#4 Vesper, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  5. I like Daft Punk and a little bit of Dubstep. That's about it.

6. vyvance

I love some electronic genres, but not others. Love Happy Hardcore/UK Hardcore, Hands Up, EuroDance, Vocal Trance, and some Club Dubstep. Hate House, Ambient, Drum and Bass, Tribal, Synthpop, and most others tbh.

7. Cascade

I like listening to soundtracks. Video game soundtracks and webcomic soundtracks (mainly Homestuck songs).

8. Derp

Out Status:
    A few people
    I love deadmau5. Always have since I first heard him. Avicii is pretty awesome as is Mord Fustang and Daft Punk introduced me to EDM :grin:
    Trance is one of my top favorite genres :grin: I've been listening since I was 11/12 so about 4 1/2 years (almost 16).
    I'm going to go check those out :slight_smile:
    Daft Punk was the first EDM I ever heard :grin:

Happy Hardcore/UK hardcore, Hands up, and Eurodance was pretty much all my iPod had last year lol.

Headhunterz - Dragonborn (Official Videoclip) - YouTube Like this?

Right now I'm absolutely in love with hardstyle. So much I got a pair of phat pants with "HARDSTYLE" printed on the back left leg and matching suspenders.

9. Cascade

10. qboy

First saw the expression "EDM" a few months ago and then a recent documentary on the history of dance music on Channel 4 picked up on that - the basic jist being that America made it, ignored it, the Brits made it great (it's UK TV don't you know we made everything great :wink: ), and finally well over two decades later American's have picked it up thanks Rihanna and Calvin Harris (!)

Was a big fan of mainstream UK Garage when it was big back in the late 1990s for a few months, when I couldn't even sell the CDs for 50p a year later I knew that fad had passed! Then went through a phase of loving house music (especially the more vocal stuff) but now I tend to be a bit of an Indie Disco guy if I'm honest!

On the EDM side it's probably more along the lines of (Although quite how many of these fit in the genré properly I don't know!)

Loreen - Euphoria
    Milk & Sugar vs Vaya Cib Dios - Night Owls
    Danny (Saucedo) - If Only You
    Sound of Arrows - Nova (Tiësto Remix)
    Example - Stay Awake
    Nicky Minaj - Starships (I keep wanting to say this is awful but it gets me every bleeding time)
    Adam Lambert – Never Close Our Eyes
    Fun. - We Are Young
    Rihanna - We Found Love
    Calvin Harris & Example - We'll Be Coming Back

Oh, and random fact - I got into this music listening to a programme on "100.4 Jazz FM - Smooth Jazz and Classic Soul" - not the first place you'd think of looking for dance music!

11. timo

I used to be into electronic music a lot. Justice, Digitalism, Hot Chip, Metronomy, Ladytron, Junior Boys, Little Boots, La Roux

Still listen to some of it these days. Mostly to Metronomy and Junior Boys, they're great. And dubstep, it's pretty good stuff to space out on. Flux Pavillion, Nero, Chase & Status and (yes I'm going to say it) Skrillex.

12. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Dubstep (Skrillex, Deadmau5) and dance (Jeffree Star, BOTDF) are what I think of when someone says electronic music. I mainly listen to heavier stuff like punk rock, screamo, and rapcore though so now I shall awkwardly bow out of this conversation....