1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neighbors

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chickzak, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Chickzak

Anybody was or still obsessed with the show?
    I used to love it so much :grin:

2. sunnii

I much prefer Home & Away (although practically every storyline involves everyone screwing each other and for a soap Opera that's saying somehing). I've tried to watch it but there are so many characters that bug me (Jade, Summer, Tash, Chris, Sophie) and the storylines are far too cheesy and undramatic for my liking.

Sorry if I shat all over something you love Xx

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Neighbours! I've grown up watching it every day, never missing an episode.

I gave up on Home & Away many years ago, Neighbours always had a lot of warmth and humour and generally likeable characters. I seem to vary how I watch it though, when it's good it's totally absorbing and lots of fun to watch, when it's bad you can just laugh at the cheesyness and sillyness of it all and its still lots of fun to watch. It has gone through a few rough patches recently of being more bad than good, but I have very fond memories of the show which often help me stay with it.

Chris in particular is an excellent gay character. I don't watch much TV, so I don't know of many other good examples of gay characters, but I've always felt Chris was a very likeable character who has much more to him than just being gay. It's just a shame that they don't do more with that aspect of his life, on the one hand they don't make a big deal of him being gay but on the other they shy away from showing him kissing his boyfriend.