1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Davey Wavey

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GingerGuy, Aug 31, 2012.

1. GingerGuy

Hey everyone. Maybe a topic dedicated to this YouTube personality has been made before, but this guy is a S-H-I-R-T-L-E-S-S gay guy who posts videos about being a homossexual on youtube for 3 years. He lives in Rhode Island and has gotten very famous with tons of subscribers (myself included). Does anyone else know him? What do you guys think? I believe that although hes ver funny and witty (and not to mention very attractive), he sometimes actually reinforces stereotypes while trying to break free of them.

Ex: He admits being openly promiscuous on Youtube, when we all know that gay men are supposed to be so promiscuous that they cant actually form a relationship.

Here's the channel main page of this greek God:

davey wavey - YouTube

Have fun! Haha:lol:

2. BudderMC

I've watched a few of his videos, and I'm not really a fan. I dunno, something about his vibe I don't like. Maybe it's because it seems like he's trying really hard to be a "media personality" of sorts... I'm not really a fan of any of those (except JennaMarbles, because she's freaking hilarious).

And... I... don't really find him that attractive. *flee*

3. blightedsight

Greek God?

I think I'll stick with the Roman ones if thats what the Greeks have to offer!

4. Mogget

It's not wrong to fit gay stereotypes. The idea that we should all act as straight as possible to combat them is as silly as the expectation that we should all meet them. And you can still mock the stereotypes you fit.

5. SkyDiver

Eh, I don't really like him. I don't think he's that attractive either. :lol:

6. GingerGuy

I can tolerate if you guys don't like him, but about not finding him hot... Wow, that really surprised me. Lol.

7. BudderMC

^ oh, he's certainly not unattractive, I don't find him anything special personally.

I do appreciate that he is shirtless all the time though. :rolle:

8. SkyDiver

Yeah, definately not hideous or anything. It's just that I think his face looks like it's made out of plastic.

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'm eh about him. Some of his videos are really good and some others are just like...what where you thinking? xD

I don't think he tries to break or live any stereotype, though. He is just him and he does whatever he wants to do at the time. That alone I can admire about him.

10. BNQ2012

I'm a girl but I subscribe to Davey Wavey on YouTube and think his vids are generally pretty funny. My personal favorites are "Big Gay vs. Little Gay" which I love because one of my best friends is a "teeny weeny pocket-size gay" and "Coming Out- It's a Game Changer" because I'm currently in that process and because it features Miles Jai.

11. Ben

Ben

Didn't he get arrested for one of his blog posts, or did I just imagine that? Anyway, I've never really followed him.

12. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was subscribed to him for a while, but only to look at his pecks. He didn't say anything funny or interesting the whole time I was subscribed so I unsubscribed. I think is happens a lot though because he has a high sub-turnover according to this website that lists statistics about youtube channels. I have a LOT of subscriptions on youtube, I didn't have time to watch his videos. To be honest, I think he would have much less subscribers if he wore a shirt.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of his videos are funny, others make me want to punch him...

14. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dunno if it this story you remembered but Google says there is a Wavey Davey who was arrested for disability insurance fraud in Liverpool a few years back, that Davey was in his mid-40s tho :wink:.

15. olin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not a fan. Too much into himself. Like areyousurpised and kindagayblog, however.

16. Lewis

He's attractive until the minute he opens his mouth. He really annoys the crap out of me.

17. Eric88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, I think that Davey Wavey's vids aren't funny nor informative. I don't think that he would have that many subscribers in the first place if he kept his shirt on. I've nothing against him being half naked all the time because that's good marketing strategy if the ultimate goal of youtubers is to increase the number of views.

There is one particular youtuber that I would like to highlight here and that is depfox.
    GAY FAMILY VALUES - YouTube

After Prop 8 was passed in California, this gay couple who adopted 2 children decided to record their everyday mundane lives and post it on youtube to show to the world that gay and straight couples are pretty similar on many levels. New videos are uploaded every week but I suggest starting from the earlier videos they posted before viewing the lastest ones.

Yeah, eye candy is something everyone is susceptible to, so fear not as one of the dads (Bryan) is really adorable and hot in my opinion. :slight_smile:

18. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I started watching his videos because of him being shirtless and hot. I do not think people realize he is only shirtless so people will watch his videos and it kinda became a thing of its own. Anyways I think is offering his opinion on different topics. (as is any other vlogger on YouTube) I like that he mixes cute, dorky humor while trying to help other gay people.

19. Gen

Gen

I read the comments on youtube about people watching him just to stare at his body, but I didnt know it was true. Shame on you guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Personally, it is completely realistic to believe that he doesnt wear that much cloths to get more views. However, his real "career" is in fitness so if he wants to show off his body, than more power to him. Most his videos arent exactly PG anyway.

Anyway, about my opinions of him. I have seen some of his videos. Hes ok, I dont have a problem with him. :/

20. sunnii

I for one really like him. I started watching his vids a few months ago and it did change my outlook on life. Like not just for being gay but I became an overall more positive person and I noticed things that used to easily piss me off didn't any more and because of him (and Madonna) I finally took the step to start going to yoga classes (which I love!!!!)

He isn't perfect and he does split opinions but a lot of people do enjoy what he does and I for one think he's a very good person for the stuff he does.

And regards to the shirtless things as mentioned he does do it to attract people but he's admitted hot bodies are "a dime a dozen" on the Internet so most people might come for the tits but stay for the material. And also he does say at home he is shirtless off the Internet too. And I kind of relate. Although I despise being shirtless I have a habit of not wearing trousers at home (don't worry I wear boxer briefs underneath lol)