1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who knows lots about CARS?!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CrimsonThunder, Jan 26, 2008.

1. CrimsonThunder

Alright so I've got a car and I need to get a good sound system for it but I don't want to pay too much. So I've searched on ebay and found the following things.

Sub.
    Speakers.
    Stereo.

What I need to know is that all the things I'll need? Or is there other things I need to make it work. I've been told I need to take it to a mechanic (or something) to get it all set up so I won't even bother doing that myself.

2. Alexander

It's not hard to put in that stuff. You will need some mounting bolts to put them in. Just get a techie friend to show you a bit. All the wires are already in there, so you just have to disconnect, pop out the speakers, connect the wires, and put in the new ones.

3. Tzeii

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not me.

4. dictionary

Hydrolics?... yeah get hydrolics....noting to do with a sound system... but get them....

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't know what brands of stereo are good and popular there (I haven't heard of eonon here), but that one looks like a decent spec to me.

The memory card playback feature is great. My Blaupunkt stereo has that; it takes SD or MMC cards (up to 1GB in mine) and plays the MP3 files on it in sequence, random or whatever. So no moving parts, no chance of it skipping if you hit a deep pot-hole, etc.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Eeep ~ car's are confusing o.0

I'll just buy a random pink car as another 'hint' to my parents about my sexuality haha XD

7. CrimsonThunder

Thats why I made sure to get one with an SD card. :grin:

8. Fiorino

Hmm, I know everything there is to know about cars, however I'm afraid stereos aren't my specialty... sorry:icon_redf

9. IslandDude17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It all depends on what you want. Like for my Yukon, I got to Mackie 18's in the back, and 2 QSC RMX Power amps. Now keep in mind, I work at a pro audio (Like, theater sound systems and rock band stuff. So I had to have an extra alternator added and a huge power inverter to convert to 120 VAC) I also have two Yorkville Horns on top of the subs. All in a custom built case. All in all, it ended up costing me around 5,000 dollars

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's more than twice what my car is worth... :dry: