1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Hip Hop

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Romi, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Romi

So I was doing it again. That thing I do where I go through and organize all my bookmarks every so often into their respective folders. And I came across this:

Is LGBT hip hop the last taboo?

Just a note on the title: I don't think its the last taboo, but it obviously has its own place in the taboo world. And the title was jacked from the article itself. So here we go...

First off, I think it's an interesting read. There are some really thoughtful points brought up throughout the piece, not just on the lgbt community within the hip hop culture, but also the lgbt community and the hip hop culture in their own respective places.

There was a mention of self-hate within our community, which I thought was petty spot on for a large portion of those who reside somewhere within the lgbtiq spectrum, particularly those who are still questioning or denying themselves.

I just thought I'd post it up, see what everyone else thought. Hear the ideas, opinions, and discussions I'm sure will come about.

2. Harve

This topic floated to the second page, sigh. Transgender Hip-Hop you say?

[YOUTUBE]Sa9SgK1S3_0[/YOUTUBE]

And a bit of a documentary, I guess:

[YOUTUBE]IxPc2sJJnTQ[/YOUTUBE]

I know a fair amount of hip-hop but it's not something I listen to all the time, but Wavvy is lush. And of course there's Frank Ocean.