1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Real L Word: Final Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by WillowMaiden, Sep 9, 2012.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

So the third season just ended. How do the viewers feel? **Warning, spoilers ahead**

I know the big headliners for the season were Romi/Jay/Kelsi-again/Dusty, Kacy/Cori/Baby sadness, and Whitney/Sara/Wedding drama.

On Romi:
    I don't get what the big deal is with her. She seems finally happy, the happiest I've ever seen her so far on this show. So she realizes she's a bisexual and ends up with a guy in the end. I don't get the whole "she's turned her back on the community" aspect that some people bring up. Uh, no she hasn't. Plenty of women discover their own lesbianness later in life, after kids, marriage, and that, hence: late in life Lesbians. I don't see them as turning their backs on the straight community, they're just living life for themselves finally. It may hurt some people, like their families or something but they'll get over it. In Romi's case, she's not even hurting anyone (except Kelsi after their failed attempt to get back together, but Kels is a big girl. I'm sure she's fine.) I felt like there was this general pain or spite Romi was allegedly dishing out by being with Dusty. Granted it was weird seeing her so all over the guy at first just 'cause I never knew about Romi's history with dudes, but I got over that. I myself have been having apiphanies about not living for other people all summer before I went back to University, so I don't feel like "oh Romi should have stayed with women! She owes the lesbian community!" That's just stupid, I don't even know what that means.

All in all, I'm happy for Romi and I think her and Dusty are cute together. They've got that indie rocker musician couple look and feel going. They're adorable. I didn't like Sara's text message to her, telling her she was just "showing how easy it is for straight couples to get married during an important time for gay rights" or some shit like that. Yeah it sucks that straight people can get married on a whim, when I'm sure there are gay couples who would love to do romantic shit like that too, but it's not Romi's fault. She didn't write the laws and it's her right to marry on a whim if she wants. I never got that whole "I won't marry until gays can marry" thing some straight people put on. Dudes, just live your lives. We'll get there. You can help, but you don't gotta put your life on hold to do so. Romi doesn't either. She's supposed to not get married on a romantic whim because it would be a big fuck you to the lesbian community? I...just don't see that.

Kacy & Cori:
    Sweet, sweet Kacy and Cori. Boy have they been through it this season. There isn't much to say about them, good or bad. They're story was the most real life out of everyone's in that it was a lot more serious than frenemy drama. I certainly wasn't bored with it, though. It shows perfectly how homosexual couples can go through the same hardships and handle them just as any straight couple. Conception is something that affects all sexes. I'm glad they've decided to take a break from baby making. I hope that when they do get back on the ball, things work out in whatever way is best for them.

Whitney & Sara:
    Yeah, I still don't get why these two and Romi are suddenly enemies. I mean we did come back to them a year and some change later (or was it just under a year) so we obviously missed something, but yeah I didn't really get into their whole drama with Romi. I didn't understand where it was really coming from, so from my perspective it was just really petty and wasn't worth reading into. On a bigger note, their wedding was beautiful. I'm glad they got the approval of each of their parents, even if Sara's Mom was a bit iffy through most of it. I was worried about them being together because of last season's dramas, but they actually make a beautiful couple and I hope they stick it out.

Honorable Mentions--Kiyomi:
    She's cool. I like her. Her band sounds good. They make my kind of music, so I like it. Gonna be honest though, her relationship with that Ali chick was a hot mess. It's like neither of them knew what an "open relationship" was or just didn't care. They acted like a couple in a monogamous would if they constantly suspected each other of cheating. My thing is, in an open relationship, the word "cheating" isn't really in the vocab. Then again, I have a very basic definition of cheating and open relationship because I've never been in any kind of a relationship. Still, it seemed to me like Ali and Kiyomi were just being difficult with each other for no reason. I was thinking 'either break up, have your open relationship which means 'I'll see ya, when I see ya, wink-wink, kiss,' or fucking commit." But don't argue with each other all the damn time like you're married and constantly fucking say "I don't trust her...she's being with all these other girls or this specific girl, I don't like that *pout*" when both parties agreed to see other people on the side.

But anywho, now she's with Lauren. I think the two of them look good together. They're cute. Side note: Amanda looks like a more femme Pink. She was a little annoying with her quick judgements of Kiyomi, but Lauren was being annoying earlier with her unrequited semi-clingy best friend love.

This season's crushes:
    Vero and Ruby! Oh my god, they are so freakin' cute! This may be the nerd in me talking, but Vero looks like a badass anime character. I swear I love her to bits. And Ruby is just the most adorable dredded futch ever! She had such a sweet smile and was always so quiet. Vero, Ruby, I squeal over those two. They made me :icon_redf a little every time I saw them.

Well, I don't have much else to say about Real L. I still like Romi. I don't feel like she did anything truly bad to anyone. Maybe U-Hauling all over again with Kelsi was a bad idea, but it was Kelsi's bad idea to make too. I don't fault her for being bisexual all because I've only known her up until now to be a lesbian. Plus, I like Dusty. I think he's cute, he suits her much better than Jay or Kelsi, and they're just cute together. And hey, maybe the two of them are U-Hauling too, but they're in love, so I support. Romi's happy, that's all that matters. Happy for Whit and Sara, fingers crossed they say happy and in love. Kiyomi and Lauren look cute together, hope they last a good while since they seem happy. But it's only been a month and lesbians are like shooting stars when they're "in love" so we'll see on that. Hope Kacy and Cori find some peace and get to start the family they're fighting for soon. Absolutely adore Vero and Ruby!

So anyone who watched the show? How are you feeling about the major things that happened? I'm really interested to hear about people's reaction to Romi in the beginning. Ever since I heard of the lesbian commnunity shunning switchers, I wonder if it's true for a majority of the lesbian community or was that just a myth (cause it certainly wasn't true for me?) Are you Romi/Kelsi, Romi/Dusty, or Romi/Jay? I'm Romi/Dusty. The blonde hair extensions were a little tired and the make up at their eloping was a little heavy, but they're all right those, too. :icon_bigg :grin:

2. pancake111

I'm glad Romi is finally happy. I really like Lauren and Amanda, and I hope they're back for next season. I like having Hunter Valentine in the show, although I think they could have gone into the other members of the band better other than Kiyomi and Somer.

This season wasn't bad, but it felt different form the other 2 seasons. I'm not sure how to explain it. Maybe it has to do with Whitney finally settling down. And I miss not seeing Alyssa because she's hilarious, and really smart.

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I miss Alyssa too. I agree about the other band members. I wish we could have learned more about Vero and Laura. We don't find out Vero's dating anyone until one brief moment in a few eps before the last. All I know about Laura is that she's impulsive (shedding bra in the middle of the street) and likes to cook with her Mom.

This season did feel different. I think because you can feel and see how the people's priorites have changed so much since the first and second seasons. It's a good thing. They're evolving and the show is evolving.

4. Dummy

I've only seen the first episode of the first season (because of THE L Word) and I couldn't stand it so I haven't seen any other episodes...