1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Jean Luc PICARD?] Oh my god [Comes out]

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by InaRut, Jan 28, 2008.

1. InaRut

I know patrick steward is a good actor...but...but...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea7bj5MsyAU&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

Is he THAT good. Hahaaha

2. Rette

heh, I love Patrick Stewart.

Any idea on the context of this? TV show? Movie?

3. Bader

Bader Guest

omg omg this is a second actor of my favorites is gay ! first Jodie Foster now him !!whos next tom hanks?

4. Temujin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is from a TV series (I think) where he plays the part of a gay man who's partner is dying of AIDS (the partner shown in these clips). I will see if I can find the name of it.

Incidentally, he also has a short clip in a British series where he plays a womanizer. In real-life I think he's happily married. [Actually, he and his current wife have filed for divorce after 7 years.] He's just a great actor and is still my role model in a lot of ways just like he used to be when I was growing up. :icon_bigg

#4 Temujin, Jan 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  5. Temujin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My bad, it's a movie named Jeffrey.

*watches as Netflix goes out of stock*

:eusa_danc

6. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Patrick Stewart is simply a great actor, I'm pretty sure he's straight. He also played a gay character in an episode of Frasier

7. InaRut

Patrick Stewart is Jean Luc Picard of the USS enterprise.
    Or he is As Cute as a Borg of the Borg
    (See what I ddi there?)

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Guest

Patrick Stewart is straight. He's just an incredibly good actor!

Here is a really good article in which he discusses his role in the film Jeffrey and the lack of any reference to the LGBT community in the Star Trek franchise. Interesting stuff!

Some of the more interesting quotes:

1)
    Interviewer: You may or may not be aware of this, but there are some people who, for whatever reason, are absolutely convinced you're gay.

Stewart: So I'm told! This has come to my ears only fairly recently and here in New York. And, of course, I wondered if this could be in any way connected with my work in Jeffrey. Maybe there is something that is observable, that I am unaware of, that people are reacting to. If there is, I can only say that I feel very good about it.

From an evolutionary point of view, the acceptance and embracing of aspects of one's personality is wonderful: To feel areas of vulnerability that I have not in the past associated with being a man. To also be able to admit, as I have been able to in recent years, to deep love and affection - sometimes verging on passion - for some of my male friends and male colleagues. It is wonderful to feel at ease and comfortable with their arms around me and mine around them. To have a kind of delight in that. All this is a very recent experience.

2)
    Interviewer: Do you have any discomfort over the realization that some people believe you yourself are gay?

Stewart: Well, so far as I'm aware, I'm conventionally a heterosexual male. And yet I find something quite flattering in these suggestions of others that I'm something else.

3)
    Interviewer: I've always assumed that the android Data was at least theoretically bisexual. I mean, if he knows 379 ways of pleasuring and has no prejudices against homosexuality...

Stewart: Yes, I'm sure you're right. But I think that's a question best addressed to Brent Spiner [the actor who plays Data].

:lol:

9. InaRut

Patrick stewart is the man!!

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Woah o.0

Go mr startreck!

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4lfUhN6dCQk[/YOUTUBE]

11. InaRut

"The final frontier"
    all symbolism for gay sex, I tell you!