1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t.A.T.u

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by new18, Jan 28, 2008.

1. new18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is anyone fond of t.A.T.u ?? Many of you might remember them as "The two russian lesbians" who hit it big in America in 2002-2003. They basically where very controversial.
    Their music is incredible. It has an electronic/euro/rock/pop music. I think when you listen to some of their singles you might like their music.
    Here are some of their videos.

Not Gonna Get Us
    -- I think this song speaks to me so much. The lyrics are favorable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJdjcCG5wgo

Their most famous single ever -- All The Things She Said
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJaDZA-_Bk

Their newer videos are EXTREMELY controversial. Do not watch these because you might get offended easily.

All About Us -- Freaky video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTRjrmIlyAo

THIS IS SCARY -- You might get sick from the message.

Their brand new video in Russian came out in December, just watch the whole video. It will make you sick to the stomach..the ending.

WHITE ROBE - T.A.T.U -- This is SHOCKING AS HELL!!

#1 new18, Jan 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  2. Jerr

I was quite a big fan of those two.

Loved the music. It was fun and had a good message. You could really jump and just have fun with it.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I really enjoy their music. All the Things She Said is one of my favorite songs.

4. Mika

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not trying to be a killjoy but they were only lesbians for publicity, one of them is married with a kid....
    I still <3 their music though, Nas ne dagonat, Russian version of Not Gonna Get Us is the greatest. *prefers all their Russian versions*
    Their newest CD, Waste Management comes out sometime in 08.

5. Time

I was a fan in 2002-03 when they had that hit single "All The Things She Said" until I found out they were lesbians. At that time, I was about 9, and thought it was very wrong. I was also under a heavy Christian influence at the time. But I've rediscovered their music and I really like it. It has a very nice sound.

6. neverover

i luv tatu so much. but they hadnt make anything good since their 1st album. i dnt really care about their fake lesbian affair, i just care bout their music. white robe is a mediocre song, they need a better one...

7. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I'm a fan of TATU, some of it anyways. Thanks for the video for "not gonna get us" I had just been imagining it all this time lol, the music gives a real feeling of escape

8. chrisb

I love t.A.t.U and the fact they had a lesbian act never bothered me in the least i mean that i didnt care about there sexuality, just like i dont care that Madonna is bisexual or that Elton John and George Michael are gay....i love there music that's all that ever mattered

9. new18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with you the russian version of Not Gonna Get Us is totally awesome. (Nas Ne Dagoniat, is ONE of my favorite EVER, because of the powerful lyrics) Actually, she just gave birth to her SECOND child a month ago. Pregnant Julia Volkova posed for the Russian edition of Maxim naked with her t.A.T.u. partner Lena Katina to promote their third album ('Waste Management').

Mika
    -- you wouldn't by any chance know how to speak russian? (Since I am a native russian speaker)

JUST LOOK at these photos!! They where taken about a month ago, you guys will like them!! :***: :eek: :eek:

http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.php?/weblog/tatu_pregnant_and_topless_in_maxim/

#9 new18, Jan 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  10. Ty

Ty Guest

I love the russian language, I wish i could learn it sometime =/ Cryllic alphabet annoys me though lol.
    Thanks for the song :slight_smile: I'll proberly buy their new album!

11. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i really like the russian version of "all the things she said" - ya soshla s uma.

12. Malchik89

I LOVE t.A.Tu! Their music, their style, everything about them. They are always being criticised for being fake lesbians. But really, did they ever actually claim to be lesbians? No, they've always claimed to just love each other. That was like the point of their music, that love shouldnt have any labels, it should be just love. Even as Yulia had a baby, she still loves Lena and t.A.T.u still lives. I love both their albums, dangerous and moving is one of my fav songs. Cant wait til the new album, Beliy Plaschik (White Robe) comes out in english.

13. Ty

Ty Guest

ТАТУ :slight_smile:

14. jazzrawr

i love TATU.
    theyre still some of my favourite music. :slight_smile:
    i love pretty much all of their songs lol.

and even if one of them is married now, and they may not have really been together,
    they still made a big impact on how people view lesbians lol!

15. htfaul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used Малчик Гай (Malchik Gay) for a project for a Russian class this semester. I made a video of my boyfriend and I and showed it to the whole class.

Ty, you should learn Russian. Its a great language and the alphabet gets really easy after like 3 days.

16. SwissBoy88

I really liked them. Too bad they didn't win the Eurovision Songcontest.
    I used to listen their songs in Russian. I didn't understand a word, but I didn't care.

My favorite songs were 30 Minutes, All The Things She Said, Malchik Gay, and of course Not Gonna Get Us....

17. jayy237

all the things she said is a good song but i really don't like them in general, they aren't good singers and they completely murderer How Soon Is Now?

no manufactured band should ever, EVER try and cover the smiths

18. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hee hee... I hadn't heard these guys for YEARS.. so listened to them again last night via this thread.. I had forgotten how guiltily good they are :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .. "All the things she said" has been in my head ALL day at work lol. :grin:

19. Charles Marcus

i realy loved them, my sister made fun about that, that was only thing i listened for that period. i loved them becouse they were something alternative, they were lesbians and they realy knowed how to make popularity (lesbian acting and things like that)

And i like russian versions for all the songs. i think i still remember lyrics for most of their songs.

Nas nedagonjat!

20. Nezumi

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like them a lot. I'll admit the publicity got me into them, but I stuck around for the music and didn't regret it. They are my inspirations for attempting to learn Russian. They are just two great women making music and it doesn't bother me if they're gay, straight or something in between. A few of my favorite songs are Dochitai do Sta, Ya Shosla s Uma, Robot, Zachem Ya and Ya Tvoya Ne Pervaya (Pokazhi Mne Lyubov.) Я тебя люблю ТатУ!