1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here reads Homestuck???

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by O_Negative, Sep 25, 2012.

1. O_Negative

Anyone? I am a MASSIVE Homestuck. Like holy crap I love it. Is anyone else? :eusa_danc

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's Homestuck?

But seriously, it's alright. I'm just at the tip of Act 6, though, so I'm not caught up.
    I read it in binges of about 1,000 posts at a time something like once a month.

3. everett

Used to, now hate because of my ex who would not take five minutes to talk about something else.

4. Fisnou

I'm afraid I don't know it... could you say more about it?

5. O_Negative

NFKJDGHLJKDLH Ethan I read "Whats Homestuck?" and was like "wait but...John..." then read the rest of your post. Yeah. I am somewhere in Act 6 Act 3 =P...tumblr is spoiling everything though haha.

Everett: That is rather a bummer. I like it lots =)...its a bonding agent between my friends and I for sure.

Fisnou: Oh gosh. here's where I utter the phrase "Let me tell you about Homestuck!"...no but seriously, I'll link you to Hussie's (Author is Andrew Hussie) own description.

MS Paint Adventures

I would describe it myself for you but the author will do a far better job. Homestuck is increasingly complicated and in depth. The first two acts are hell to read through but once you get past them its fantastic. They are just veyr informational. There are so many easter eggs and fun little flashes and interactive panels. Plus there is a current fund raiser going for a game based on the webcomic in which the homestuck fandom reached its goal of $700,000 in 32 hours! We are now up to 1.7 million and have 8 days to go.

=D

6. Cascade

Yeah I'm a Homestuck. A lot of people don't like it because it either gets discussed too much or the fandom freaks them out which is definitely understandable.

I've been reading since it started on April 13, 2009, and because of that, I can recall or explain anything that has happened so far. I'm actually an $105 donator to the Homestuck Kickstarter. I own all the music and all the books. Okay now I'm sounding obsessed. But this is what happens when you read something for over 3 years.

7. O_Negative

Your name is Cascade. That made me happy. Best flash =)

Pfft if I had the money I'd be donating enough for the Seerpak. Dem tarot cards.

I, again, am floating around in Act 6 Act 3. I'm in the middle of Dirk talking to Jake in a dream =P...I've only met Aranea and Meenah but tumblr has made me ridiculously excited to meet the rest of the ancestors!

8. th3wallflow3r

I'm a minor fan..
    honestly.. I Have major issues with the fandom as a whole.

9. O_Negative

=P...I'm going to be honest with you when I say it truly bothers me when people say they have a problem with the Homestuck fandom. I don't quite understand why. I understand we can be annoying and invasive, but people from plenty of other fandoms can be too. Plus, you are generalizing. You are on an LBGTQ safe website, generalizing about something else. I would ask that you think about that. Realize that I myself am a HUGE fan, and so are many of my friends, and that we are respectful of others and their loves of other things and the fact that they don't read Homestuck. I am not attempting to yell at you or something...but please do not generalize anything, including a dislike of an entire (very, very large) fandom. The way you said that, you have major issues with me too, and that saddens me. We've only just met!

10. th3wallflow3r

in regards to that, I'm quite active in the cosplay and convention circuit in the UK.
    I'm a member of both the hetalia And homestuck fandoms and have issues with both.

I think I worded it badly to begin with tbh, I opologise for that.

unfortunately me and a fair few others that I know Have had run ins with over. he top members o this fandom, more so than many others.

one friend is currently having to use a hearing aid after a homestuck cowplqyer at a convention last year repeatedly honked a horn directly in her ear.

I could go on.

unless you act obnoxious about your fandom, send hate to those who don't ship your pairings or physically assault people at conventions then I have no issues with you at all.

#10 th3wallflow3r, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  11. O_Negative

And I do neither of those. I just wanted to be sure you weren't flat out saying you didn't like the entire fandom =P...I feel like, though, that those are just...a few awful people that do not know how to act in public or towards others.

As far as shipping...frankly I think everyone in Homestuck can be shipped with anyone. Just because I love a certain ship doesn't mean someone else might like something else XD

12. th3wallflow3r

no I definitely didn't mean that.
    I Have a good many friends who are far more into the series than I am and most avoid the fandom in general.

even at conventions they try and avoid the larger group.

Its sad really.

but its the same with a good many fandoms. a group wreck it for the majority with stupidity.

13. O_Negative

Truth. I personally have not yet managed a Homestuck related cosplay, but I am planning on doing a Sollux one. My friends tend to jump right into the group but usually only for photos and such, then theyre off on their own again.

14. Cascade

To be honest they aren't really all that great, they're just spoofs on other other things with no depth. But the interactions are funny, I admit.

Really, the thing you should be looking for is the End of Act Six Act 3. Now that was some major plot stuff.

@thewallflower: That's horrible, I hope your friend will recover. People are pretty dumb, which is why I try to distance myself from the more... excessive fans.

15. J Snow

I am right here MS Paint Adventures in it.

I guess right at the end of year 1 if that helps people know how far in I am.

#15 J Snow, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  16. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Yeah, this. I mean, other than Meenah (who is a total badass), I'm not big on most of the ancestors. I hope Rufio- err, Tavros's dancestor, is really cool though. I don't see how he CAN'T be cool.

But yeah, I loooooove Homestuck. I have my own Pyralspite plushie I made, and it is sooooo cuddly. Also, John is the best character. Maybe it's just our common love for shitty movies and bad jokes that make me like him, but he's my favorite!

And the shipping~! It's so much fun! I don't see why everyone fights over it, can't we all just have fun with it? Like, why do people fight so hard over the romantic relationships of weird, alien, bug trolls?

As for the fandom, well, EVERY fandom has it's extremists. I FEEL like an extremist, but I don't even cosplay or anything... though I do have horns I've never worn.

17. sol4r

sol4r Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love Homestuck!! I actually really like the fandom, but I guess that's probably because I haven't experienced any of the bad stuff really. But I've been a pretty active part of the fandom for like a year and I just don't get what the big problem people have with it is to be honest.

18. J Snow

One of my trans friends has a Nepeta tattoo on her chest =P Its too cute. I appreciate the tattoo so much more now that I've actually gotten to the character in Homestuck. Currently on Act 5 Act 2.

Bec Jack is born

19. Cascade

I'm not sure whether I should change my pledge or not. I currently have the MSPA FUNPAK, but I would like a disc and offline Homestuck archive. But the pins are nice and I was planning on getting a god-tier t-shirt. Ugh 12 hours to decide.

20. O_Negative

GUH i didnt get to donate a dime =(...its seriously bumming me out. I cant even afford just the game...i REALLY want the seerpak SOOOOO BAD...