1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Idol

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nodnarb, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Nodnarb

Anybody here watch American Idol?

I usually don't pay much attention to the auditions, but they came to Omaha this year so I had to watch that one to see if anybody I knew got on TV. Unfortunately, nobody I know did....

But, I did get an early favorite. Leo Marlowe, the last auditioner in Omaha. He's cute, gay, a good singer, and from a little town in Iowa. With some of the people they had on(the professional wrestler from Council Bluffs, anyone?)representing Iowa, its good to see somebody who can get rid of the "Iowa Farm-Boy" prejudice. He just seems like a really genuine nice guy, so I can't help but cheer for him. I loved his "My mom always said she raised the perfect Homecoming Queen, it's just too bad it wasn't one of her daughters" joke.

Here's a link to his audition(I hope):

http://www.afterelton.com/node/13397

2. Phantasma

Oh ya, I watch AI weekly. Even though it is a bit of a joke now..
    He's definitely very cute, his little back and forth chat with Simon was pretty funny. I'm not wowed by the voice.. but definitely a real cutie.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There was a link to that audition on Towleroad that asked the question if American Idol was becoming more "gay friendly". Simon had alot of bad press for making comments about people that auditioned who appeared gay or trans. There has been gay people on Idol before but never one who went in openly gay from the first audition. It could be interesting to see how far this guy goes.