1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blake Shelton

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Silver Sparrow, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Silver Sparrow

Does anyone remember when everyone was jumping down Blake Shelton's throat for saying something homophobic? I don't even remember what, but it was a big deal.
    Anyways, I was watching The Voice, and Blake was saying so many things that were kind of referencing homosexuality, and it seemed forced. has anyone else noticed that?
    Do you think he's still trying to make up for past mistakes? I just think he's trying to get more fans that might have strayed away because of past perceived homophobia, but I think it's too much in the other direction now.

2. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I remember. It was just a twitter post that he made rewriting one of Shania Twain's song lyrics, which came out homophobic. But, he made his apologies and that whole issue has long been over and done with.

He has been more "homo-friendly" this season, I've noticed as well. I think most of it actually stemmed from the "bromance" that he and Adam developed over last season. If you look it up on google, there are actually articles that talk about their brotherly romance on the show as friends. Blake has been more openly making comments that make it come off as if he was gay (for example, he's complimenting some guy singers who are really good looking and he's saying "I love you" and stuff to Adam). I think it was last week with that Dez guy that Blake said something along the lines of, "Man to man, you're hot!" to him. I think overall, Blake's just a humorous guy and he's incorporating some "I'm secure enough with my masculinity and heterosexuality to be able to compliment men" type of humor. I think it's funny, and I'd much rather he tell guys they're hot than to have him be homophobic, don't you think?!

Sorry this turned out so long. Huge country fan over here! Just came to defend Blake. He may have misstepped with that Tweet, but I don't think he meant any harm.

3. Silver Sparrow

I agree with you in the fact that he didn't mean any harm, I just think it's rather a large change in his personality. I remember from the first season that he wasn't so affectionate.

4. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    True. I think that maybe after a couple years, the judges have built a stronger chemistry with each other and their humor has taken a different direction to reflect that bond. After all the bromance stuff with Adam, maybe Blake just found a new way to joke around.