1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official LOST Thread (*Spoilers*)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Astaroth, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Astaroth

Are there any other fans of LOST out there? Tonight is the premier of the Fourth Season. Use this thread to discuss the episodes and post any thoughts, theories, and speculations you have about where the show is heading this time around.

And, of course, reader's beware! Spoilers will abound if you haven't kept up with the show so far!

2. Astaroth

Episode 4.01 "The Beginning Of The End"

Episode 4.01 "The Beginning Of The End"
    ---------------------------------------

Well, I'm actually somewhat pleased by this episode because it finally tied up a lot of the strings that were left frayed in the Season Finale last year. It appears confirmed that Charlie did, in fact, die. However, his spirit seems to have used the Island's power in order to live on in some form, as is witnessed by Hurley in his "hallucinations." The fact that Charlie has told Hurley that "they need you" is interesting. We'll have to keep an eye on Hurley to see how he poses a possibility of "rescue."

Let's see... they're obviously being blackmailed not to talk except to each other. And I doubt they're even supposed to do that, considering Kate's reaction in the final scene of the last episode. Now, what's really fascinating is that this group only numbers six. The Oceanic Six! Where the hell are all the others then? Did they stay on the island? I have suspicions that they were all given a choice as to whether they wanted to leave the island for good but never talk about it or stay on the island. Obviously the better deal is turning out to be staying on the island. Does it provide a certain amount of longevity, considering Richard Alpert's youthful appearance after all these years still?

Naomi's dead. Ha. Yeah right. How many times did Mikhail die now? 1. The sonic fence. 2. A harpoon. 3. The grenade in the ocean. In fact, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him again too. As well as Miss Klugh!

So, the main question, I guess, is which group is going to turn out to be the better choice in the end. Hurley seems to regret going with Locke. But Jack's group obviously ends up being blackmailed. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So, did anyone spot any easter eggs in this episode? They usually drop one or two of them each episode....

My rating: **** out of 5. I just wish it had been a little more surprising. I did like the emotion of the reunion and finding out Charlie was dead, though.

Can't wait to see what happens next! (!)

3. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Let's just say I was crying like a little bitch...

4. Astaroth

I was just discussing this with a friend and found it extremely interesting. Remember where Hurley first saw Charlie's ghost? By the "ho ho" rack. Remember how much of the game HORSE Hurley and Jack played? Up to "ho". Ho ho ho = Santa Clause = North Pole = Magnetic fields = polar bears = snow globes. I'm liking this idea more and more now that the island is somewhere in the Artic.

5. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I have to say that it was interesting. Not fully sure wat to make of it.
    I dont think that "The Oceanic 6" is what we think it is. Alex, Juliet, Danielle, Desmond, etc could leave the Island but they weren't on the flight. Of course if non-survivor came with the six that would raise public questions. What about Christian Shephard, could he be part of the six? He also raise questions he is indeed alive.

According to lostpedia that was Christian in the chair a Jacob's house. They provide an image that looks alot clearer than what you can see in the episode, but wat about the eye in the window? To me it looked like it was (sorry if this is not PC) a black man. That does rule out Jacob but I think its more likely that it was Walt or Michael.

That might not have been Charlie's ghost or whatever, Hurley is clearing having hallucination, Charlie's appearance could be something similar to Dave.

Sorry I forgotten alot and dont really want to go back and rewatch it. Where are the others (as in the ones that havent defected and aren't Ben) atm and what are they doing?

6. Astaroth

That's a good point about the Oceanic 6 not being what it seems. A whole group of non-Oceanic people could have gotten off as well and just aren't lumped into that group. I'll have to keep that in mind.

As to Christian being Jacob, that would appear to be correct at the moment. It makes you wonder why he was wandering the Island in Season One, though, doesn't it? I believe that the eye was Locke's because he's standing over Hurley moments later. He was probably having tea with Jacob before Hugo showed up. :lol:

About the Charlie ghost, the thing is that he wasn't just seen by Hurley. He was also seen by the other mental patient too! Remember the guy saying "That guy over there has been staring at you". That's also true of the Oceanic lawyer (whose name is apparently Mr. Abaddon - and Abaddon is the name of the angel guarding the gates of hell... hmmmm...). Abaddon was seen by the nurse in the psych ward first. She told Hurley he had a visitor. I don't recall anyone claiming to have seen Dave, though.

Finally, the Others are heading to "the Temple," whatever that is. At this point, they are probably still hiking toward this place since it's only been 24 hours on the Island since the finale of Season Three. What they're going to do at "the Temple" remains to be seen, though.

7. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    I wasnt saying that Christian is Jacob, I was saying that that he was in Jacob cabin. Jacob extended in some form (even if it's only in the minds of the others) b4 the crash. A time where we can confirm thought flashbacks the he was alive and off the island. Then in BSG i thought that we could assume some character couldn't possible be cylon given their past we had seen in flashbacks. Now im get mad about that, i thought i had gotten over it, i guess not but this is a rant for another time. Anyway bac to Christian, it would seem at the moment that Jacob brought Christian back from the dead. The missing pieces show Christian back alive b4 Jack woke up after the crash and that couldnt have taken long. So assuming that Jacob did bring him back he either works very fast or had advance knowledge of the crash.

Ok i have more to say but it getting too late im a slow typer, so ill finish this later.

Well that last episode (Confirmed Dead) was meh-ish for me. Ben saying had he had man on the boat kinda pissed me off. It seems that the plot is getting more and more out of control and holes are appearing. Up until this episode i had been thinking this could be penny's boat. Given the end of season 2 she is involved (financing) the seach for something which is most probably Desmond. If she knew that approx location of the island from season 2 she would have probably would have sent some1 there. She would have hired ppl rather than go there herself its quite possible that in this she wouldnt have know the specific of the team that she had hired. Now im not so sure. I think i have to got and rewatch Naomi's 1st epidode and figure out why she had a photo of Desmond.

8. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    We this thread certainly died down. Now that we had the finale for the shortest season ever. What are your thoughts?
    Personally I’m not holding for season 5. This just got a bit too weird (by my standards) towards the end of this season. I didnt like the whole move the island thing. Nor did I like that the Others, the big bad guys in the first 2 season and not as bad in season 3, had almost nothing to do with this season and all of about 10 mins on screen for the whole season. I did like sawyer’s shirtless moment hehe. I was very happy to see John dead (hate him so much).

Not sure where they are going to go next season. We now know who got off the island and the how they left, so any shred that was left of the original premise is now gone. The real timeline has now catch up to the flash forwards, so idk if that mean the format of the show will change.

9. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I saw this thread and spazzed a little. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I've been hooked on LOST since the first season.

Anyway, this was probably the my favourite season yet, even though it was the shortest. While the original "survival" formula worked well with the first season, I really like the Sci-fi twist it's taken. I like things that really make me think and formulate my own theories as to what's happening, and this show allows me to do just that. As for the finale, it was one of the best episodes in my opinion. The acting was great (Sun on the helicopter :icon_sad:slight_smile:, the story was great... And it makes it even better when you think about how rushed they were to get this done, yet it's still top-quality.

I was really sad to see Michael and Jin go. Michael I wasn't as shocked to see go, but I was hoping the grave for Jin would be a fake-out. (Well, actually, who knows. It still could be I suppose. There's a chance he could have jumped and swam away in time, but I'm not counting on it.) It was also really surprising to see Locke in the coffin. One of the most important characters to the overall mythology of the show just... gone. I have a feeling he'll come back, somehow. I can't see Ben wanting to bring his body back to the Island if he didn't intend to revive it or something. The absolute BEST part had to be when Desmond and Penny reunited. They've got to be my favourite characters and couple ever on the show and it was nice to get that moment after waiting for it for two years. (Oh, and yes, shirtless Sawyer is always a good thing :icon_wink)

10. Poring

I love LOST even since the first season! The whole concept I just loved. It kept you on the edge of your seat, and the whole mystery surrounding the show makes it unique from anything I've watched before :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway, I love the season finale, answered a bit of questions but in turn, asked more than it even did answer. Can't wait for the next season!

11. LostAddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I LOOOOOVE Lost.
    <------ I even have the name to prove it.
    Season Finale was so good! I called that it was Locke in the coffin all the way back in season three. Which is depressing cause he's my favourite character.
    What do you think happened to the boat with the random people + the scientist guy Daniel. Do you think they teleported with the island, or are they just left to die in the middle of the ocean? Considering that it was a bunch of randoms, I'm somewhat inclined to say the latter since it was a bunch of randoms... but, it seemed like they had more planned with Daniel since he had that whole link to Desmond and the time shifting.
    I hope Daniel did survive, he's kinda cute in a dorky way.

12. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    As for Jin in the last shot we see of him there are clearly alot of ppl on the ship deck behind him run about, presumably going to life rafts. When we cut to the the long shoot of the ship as it explodes there is no movement on the deck. It could be a production error but it does suggest that the ppl that were on the deck got off.
    One thing to keep in mind is that Locke is dead in the future, so unfortunately i doubt that his role in show is going to end any time soon.
    I think that the boat probably transported with the island.
    What did you guys think one them making Tom the gay guy? Personally id rather they made it one of the survivor rather than one of the others. Really hoping it was Boone. But given that Tom wasn't in Exposé, there could be another.