1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joss

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexisAnne, Sep 30, 2012.

1. AlexisAnne

So I just got done watching The Cabin in the woods (Excellent movie by the way). I've been a huge fan of Joss Whedon for quite some time now; from Buffy and Angel, to Firefly and Dollhouse (Yes, I know DH didn't do very well, but I genuinely liked it). Let's not forget Doctor Horrible, or (as if anybody could) the Avengers movie.

As a writer I have a lot of respect for and love for him and his style, and has somebody who loves to be entertained, I love his characters, and the way he seems able to hit all of those emotional notes so flawlessly.

So, are there any other Joss fans here?

2. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All hail Joss Whedon, God of the Nerds!

3. Bebop

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yah another fan over here, loved all of his tv shows with Firefly being on top followed by Buffy. The Avengers was good fun though I kind of wish he would get off the superhero stuff and make a new tv series.

4. AlexisAnne

He is going to have a small hand in the Shield T.V. series, though he'll be involved mostly in name only. I would love for him to do more television, and I would also love for FOX to stop canceling it when he does. :frowning2:

Anyway, glad to see a couple of other Joss fans. For me I think Buffy is at the top, with Firefly either tied or just below. Love both series so much that it would be hard for me to choose if I could only watch one!

5. mm11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Buffy is definitely right at the top for me, but closely followed by Firefly. I loved Dollhouse for its potential....if the network had meddled less it probably could have been a much better show.

Safe to say I've never watched anything that Joss has done that I didn't like!

6. AlexisAnne

Agreed. With dollhouse, on the dvd release the put in the version of the pilot Joss originally intendes, and it was much better story telling there were things brought up that took several episodes in the aired series. I agree that it never got to hit its potential.

7. Bebop

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^ I think dollhouse flirted with its full potential quite a lot in the second half of season one and season two and by far the closest it ever got (and it was quite amazing) was epitaph one. I think it needed a bit more solid direction overall as a show because the concept was great.

8. AlexisAnne

I'll agree that it definitely got good and begai to pick up its momentum halway through 1 and into 2. Epitath one was an amazing hour of television and really did a great job of showing what kind of scope the show could have had. I would have loved to have seen everything that played out to lead to that future as it happened. I also think that it did a great jon of recapping that past and through that, making it feel like they were recapping several seasons of television that had actually happened, if that makes sense.

9. mm11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel like if the season 2 story had multiple seasons to develop over it would have been better. They were trying to shove a series worth of story into a few episodes since they were getting canceled, so by the time we got to the finale it was just like....whaaaa?!

Still though, I'm glad they at least GOT that second season.

10. AlexisAnne

Amen. Especially with how close it came to not getting it.

11. MusicIsLife

Joss Whedon is epic. There hasn't been a tv show if his ive seen and hated.