1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any Phantom of the Opera fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Andrew91, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The Phantom of the Opera is, and definitely will always be, my favorite musical. I saw the movie in theaters when I was 13, fell in love with the music, and have since then actually seen the live stage show. I have nearly all the movies based on the original novel, and I've read the novel all the way through twice.

Like most people, I love the character of Erik (The Phantom) because nearly everyone can relate to what he feels and the situation that life dealt him. I feel that many people can identify with Christine Daae as well, for she has that loss of innocence, coming of age quality to her.

My favorite songs from it are Phantom of the Opera, Music of the Night, and All I Ask of You.

What things do you like regarding Phantom?

2. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

MADAME GIRY IS TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love;

Phantom of the Opera
    All I Ask of You
    Point of No Return
    Angel of Music

I have three roles I have to play on stage before I retire- Roger in RENT, Prince Christopher in Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella, and Raoul in Phantom!

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahhh yes, I love Phantom! I love pretty much all of the songs in it. Also I really just want to give the phantom a massive hug. His story is so sad!! :frowning2:

4. Brody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love phantom of the opera

5. Pain

Pain Guest

Love it! I pretend as though I can sing along, but they will always outclass me :slight_smile:

6. GingerGuy

Although the plot is very simple and silly, the music of the phantom of the opera is, I believe, the best score ever composed for a musical. I love the melodies and sing them often (yes, a baritone singing a song made for a soprano), not to mention I saw the musical in NY and it was the biggest highlight of my trip.

Teared up a little when the phantom is finally left alone...

7. madi

I love it so much. I always sing along when I watch the movie and wish I sounded as great as they do :slight_smile:

8. AlexisAnne

Haven't watched it in a while so don't ask me to quote it, but yeah I really liked it. Love the music!

9. PianoNate

This was my first musical too! It'll always hold a special place in my heart. I get chills everytime in the final sewer scene ... when he screams Go now! Go now and leave me! love it love it love it!

Anyone seen "Love Never Dies"? the sequel musical to Phantom? written also by Lloyd Weber ... I saw it in the theaters and liked it. Anyone else?

10. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I saw Love Never Dies in theaters too. I loved the score moreso than the storyline though. The ending had me in tears though. The Phantom could never get a break! :tears:

11. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Phantom of the Opera has been the only musical that I've liked.
    And not like... I mean... I love it. Haha.
    I never knew about Love Never Dies..... I HAVE to see it now! :slight_smile:

12. PianoNate

Yes Yes! to the score ... it was a fantastically lush orchestration! and so smart too! the quotes of motifs from the original Phantom score to depict the character's unspoken feelings. SPOILER ALERT: What'd you think of how Raoul turned out? Didn't you love "Devil take the hindmost?"

13. Possibly Maybe

I can't say much about the musical, as i don't appreciate the genre. But, I've read the novel by Leroux, and that I like. It has this air of mistery to it, i can't put my finger to it. I hate Christine, i just wanted to slap her all through the book, and I liked the Phantom. Ungrateful lil bastard that Christine. I'm all for Erik:icon_twis