1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Juno"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gerry, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw the movie "Juno" this weekend and thought it was a pretty good movie. I can't remember seeing another movie on teen pregnancy but I'm sure I have. Anyone else see it and what you thought? Please share. :slight_smile:

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Yea I love that movie. I know a girl who looks like she could be ellen paiges twin and I make fun of her

3. KatoKumi

I really liked the movie. Mostly because it was real; it wasn't the typical surreal life in Hollywood movies where everyone's so interesting and unrealistic.

It was just kids trying to live their life.

...I cried, actually.

I'm gonna watch it again tonight [:

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I really liked that movie. The commercials and trailers made it seem like it would focus on the guy's experience, but I really liked that they focused on the girl's experience. The guy was just a secondary character, which I think is the way it should have been.

5. It's interesting that you say that, because after I saw trailers for "Juno", I expected it to focus mainly on the title character's problems, as well as the guy who got her pregnant. However, at least in my experience, there was just as much, if not more, attention paid to the adoptive parents' struggles, which surprised me.

In any case, I thought that "Juno" was quite a realistic approach to the issue of teen pregnancy. I'd definitely see it a third time if the opportunity presented itself. :grin:

6. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

havent seen it yet,but it looks good to me

7. tiptoerainbows

I saw it the other day and really enjoyed it. It was full of one liners, so I am definatly going to see it again, just to pick up on the ones I missed. (=

8. lostinthought9

i seen it this weekend too, i thought it was OK, i mean it was good, but i didnt think it was one of the best....just my opinion...

9. smartguy

i saw it and thought it was amazing. its cute, serious, and cool all at once. and not to mention funny (PORK SWORDS)

10. sdc91

I was watching it last night with my roomies but I was kinda talking to Tez more, lol. I think I'll have to rewatch it because I don't remember any of it.

11. Level N Human

Absolutely loved it. ^^

12. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i heard that it writes abortion off... is this true? what does the girl do with the baby?