1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Scary Movie?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Just1Dude, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am sure there is a thread about this up here already, but I couldn't find it.. and even if I did, not too sure if I should "necro" an extremely old thread ..anyways..

Since it is almost Halloween!!! What are some of your favorite scary (or not so scary but MEANT to be scary) movies?!

1: IT (I know..but it scared me when I was 5 and it came out on TV)
    2: Village of the Damned (Old and 1995 version)
    3: The Mist (SK fan here)

.. I have dozens more, but I won't clog up too much space :slight_smile:

I am also looking forward to watching Sinister!

2. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are a lot of great ones out there, but I'd have to say "Nightmare on Elm Street". Not really the new one, but the originals are amazing. Out of all of the originals, I'd choose Dream Warriors.

3. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

Wow that's a hard one. Hm... I would have to say that my top five favorite movies in no specific order are The Woman in Black (the remake since I haven't seen the original), Nightmare on Elm Street (the original), Pet Cemetery, Carrie, and My Soul to Take.

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Jeepers Creepers, Final Destination and Contagion

I know Contagion isn't really considered a scary movie but just the thought of something like that happening really got under my skin. I know the events were exaggerated but still I find it really unsettling.

5. Praetor

Admittedly I don't watch a ton of horror movies, probably cause I can get scared easily XD

I've always enjoyed the Alien franchise and the first one is the best imo.

I keep telling myself to go see the Blair Witch Project one of these days cause I heard it's good, but I keep forgetting (perhaps conveniently lol)

6. Rarar

I've only watched a few scary films, and the ones that were probably the scariest were Paranormal Activity (1, 2, 3) and Insidious.

7. dresdenDoll

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ack, Insidious? Insidious was awful! (OT: ASDFGHJKL MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS LET ME LOVE YOU I AM ACTUALLY OBSESSED WITH HER AS IN I LISTEN TO BOTH ALBUMS EVERYDAY ILL BE QUIET NOW)

I'm ever changing. I recently watched Devil (2011 or 2010, not sure which), and it was really, really good. By far one of my favourites. The Tunnel is also good, but I've seen it twice now so it's not scary for me. Drag Me To Hell is poor, but it has a lot of cheap thrills, I'll give it that. Insidious, Final Destination (all) One Missed Call, When A Stranger Calls and one more which I can't remember I've watched recently, and they all sucked. Insidious was just a lot of special effects, Final Destination is repetitive and not scary just creepy, One Missed Call just sucked and wasn't scary, same with When A Stranger Calls. :]x

8. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love horror movies, they're my favorite. I've seen so many I can hardly remember which I like, lol.

Umm, I like all of the Scream movies, Jason-Friday the 13th(older classics), all of the Halloween movies(Michael Meyers) <3, the Paranormal activity movies were entertaining, The Decent, and I can't think of anymore..

9. Harve

And Final Destination is?!
    Horror films are probably my favourite genre, but they have to be pretty special to be memorable:

Martyrs (don't read anything about it before watching this)
    Saw (really)
    [REC] and [REC] 2
    Calvaire
    28 Days Later
    Wolf Creek
    Dread
    The Descent

It's amazing how many I've watched, and yet these are the only ones (21st century at least) that are worth recommending. :|

And in terms of horror-comedy:
    Dead Set
    Donkey Punch
    Final Destination 3
    Cabin Fever
    ... are all good fun.

10. 1.Nightmare on elm street
    2.Trick or treat
    3.Creep-show.

11. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) Wes Craven's New Nightmare
    2) Alien
    3) Paranormal Activity 3

12. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha I really liked the first half of Insidious, but the second ..I unno.. just gave too much away to quick and became "cheap" to me. Tiny Tim did make it feel extrememly creepy though! Haha.

13. FollowtheFreeman

Alien
    The Thing
    Evil Dead 2 (not completely horror, but it still is somewhat)
    Halloween
    The Shinning

Just a little bit of advice to everyone: watch the Evil Dead trilogy. It is one of the greatest things you will ever have the privilege to watch. Trust me.

14. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm amazed no one named The Ring. That movie scared the *beep* out of me (I was only 11 when I saw it! :confused:)

Also good scary movies:

- The Grudge
    - The Exorcist (1973)
    - 28 Days later
    - 28 Weeks Later
    - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    - The Orphanage (scary as hell)
    - House on Haunted Hill (1959)

And funny scary movies:

- Zombieland
    - Shaun of the Dead
    - Scary Movie

15. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Strangers
    [REC]
    Saw
    Dead Snow
    The Silence of the Lambs
    28 Days Later

16. darlig ulv

Sadly I'm very picky when it comes to movies, so when it comes to horror films, I only watch them if they're culturally significant or happen to be well made. Funny, because my favorite is probably Troll 2, a cult classic because it's just so bad. Other than that I'd have to say Night of the Living Dead. I have yet to see Carrie and finish reading (and see) It, just a Stephen King phase.

17. Jonathan

Which horror movies do I like the best? - The Scream movies.

Which horror movies scare me the most? The Halloween movies...I blame that on my brother though. When I was little (like 5/6ish) he was babysitting me while my mom was at work one night. So we were sitting there watching a Halloween movie, when he says he has to go to the bathroom. So he gets up and leaves, and I'm just sitting there still watching the movie. Like you can guess, he didn't actually have to go into the bathroom. He went to his room instead, got his Michael Myers mask, snuck into the kitchen, grabbed a knife and then came out the other kitchen door (that attaches to the living room). Then he just stood there holding the knife and waited for me to realize he was there. Needless to say, it completely freaked me out -.- . Haven't been a fan of the Halloween movies since.

18. Bolin

I'm not a horror fan at all, but the only horror movie I can say I like (and the one that genuinely scares me the most), is the Halloween series, particularly the first two.

Despite the fact that they scare me more than any other horror series, I can actually sit through it and watch it the whole way through (unlike most others). It's weird, I know, but yeah. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: I should clarify: The first and second original movies.

#18 Bolin, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  19. FunyunsNCoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My favorite horror movies would have to be The Thing (honestly just a personal favorite movie period). I don't know if Alien counts though, but it's still a personal fav. I've seen Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and the first two Friday the 13th. I keep meaning to see Invasion of the Body Snatchers (both versions) and The Haunting (1963 version).

20. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love the original Halloween movies too. They never scared me(Well, I lie.. they scared the crud out of me when I was little haha!), but I loved the build-up and the feel of them. The film really had me entranced, and that theme always gives me goosebumps!