1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football?! :) Anyone? lol. Who's your team?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pat, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Pat

Pat

Just figured i'd ask. I'm a big Ravens fan and in college football, being from Virginia, I love the Virginia Tech Hokies very much :slight_smile: Hopefully..this doesn't get crickets. lol.

2. Pat

Pat

LOL I totally called it.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a huge Browns fan.. we actually won a game today!!

4. Pat

Pat

You did! lol. Against another terrible, terrible team :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: kidding, kidding.

5. Level75

Well if you really want a response...

Truth is, I just don't understand the appeal of watching sports on TV. I can understand the appeal of actually playing competitively. But sitting on a couch and just...watching? It doesn't really make sense to me how fans can claim a team and have investment on them winning when they themselves have no effect on the outcome, nor will their win or lose have any impact on their life.

I guess an argument can be made for pride in your state, but I live in New Jersey, yet everybody around me seems to root for a New York team of some sort. Hell, I know people who move out of this corner of the country who still seem to root for New York teams.

6. Pat

Pat

LOL. Well you kill the fun haha. Oh shhhit lol. I don't know how to respond to that haha. I'll share something with you though. If you ever meet a boy who likes sports, this is the quickest way to take the wind out of his sails. This is a no no haha. I actually have to go, but i'll message you later when I try to put the attraction into words dude. lol.

7. lostinthought9

There are a few of us on this board that's into football. I'm not a huge fan of it, in fact, I'll only watch it if there's someone around. (It's no fun to watch it alone.) Being from Louisiana, I'll play loyal and pull for the Saints and since I attend LSU, they're my college pick. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, at least it's still a win..lol. Yay 1-5 record!

9. caughtbywitness

Oh wait, this is american, not the real football.

Otherwise, Man City. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Pat

Pat

yes, I should have specified since we're all over the place. And I love the cheap shot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Gallatin

Thankfully you didn't say Man United... as a Liverpool fan, I absolutely detest Man U. But I was quite happy when City won last season!

When it comes to American football, my favorite (professional) team is the Miami Dolphins. We won today!

I don't really care much about college football. I pretty much just root for SEC teams, unless it's Alabama. I can't root for them as long as Nick Saban is their coach.

Really I just love sports in general - basketball, football, soccer, etc. :slight_smile:

#11 Gallatin, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  12. Level75

Sorry. Didn't mean to come off as confrontational. I was really avoiding the thread because I know I would have nothing constructive to contribute to it. But then I saw "LOL I totally called it" and figured "Well...if he really wants a reply..."

13. caughtbywitness

All my family are Liverpool but, being me, I wanted something different and mum said she'd disown me if I supported Man U and I like light blue so it just went from there... :grin:

14. Gallatin

Haha that's funny! :slight_smile:

City are probably my second favorite prem team. As long as they're not playing Liverpool, I usually root for them! And I'm indebted to them after they kept Man U from winning it last year. They certainly left it late and had to be dramatic about it, but they did it ha.

15. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pro would be Colts (even if it wasn't the best of days today lol)

College ..well, hopefully the pic speaks for itself :slight_smile:

16. Pat

Pat

No man, I actually liked your response! lol. I thought it was funny and totally caught me off guard. I'm never really all that serious so no worries. The only thing I can compare it to would be superheros or comic books. You invest as a commentator because it's fun. It's something harmless to do with your friends. When you understand the game, you kind of begin to enjoy the schemes. Hmm, I dunno if you'll bite on that. lol. Think of chess, I love chess btw. The goal is to make every move count and ultimately take the king. That's the whole concept. Everything should be strategic, but now..you have this defense trying to either block you from doing that, or get to your king. That's exactly how football is in the grand scheme, anything competitive really. When you watch the game, it's more of a studying aspect to it. You can criticize and interpret differently because you're not engaged. It's just fun I dunno how else to put it lol.:eusa_doh:

17. vyvance

I don't really watch it much anymore, but I liked the Buccaneers back when Mike Alstott and Warren Sapp played for them. Just kinda stopped watching it after I stopped playing in high-school.

18. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tsss :eusa_hand, I love Manchester United, and I absoltely detest Liverpool!

As for football... My dad is a die hard Chicago Bears fan, and even though I personally don't share his crazy enthusiasm, I do follow the league and obvs am a Bears fan as well.

Never had a favorite college team, but now that I'm in Oklahoma I've found my team. Just got back from OU-Texas weekend in Dallas, and I've pretty much turned into a passionate OU Sooners fan :icon_bigg

19. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Finally someone who thinks like me :eusa_clap. You sir speak the truth.

And the worst part of all is the countless hours that people spent talking about sports, what if the player did that instead of..., what if he is tired, etc, and the hours they spent trying to predict the game..... I just don't get it.
    And the thought of people getting angry because their team lost makes my eyes roll:rolle:

20. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a die-hard Colts fan, but the team is playing with my emotions this year. Are they good or bad? Andrew Luck looks amazing, but the rest of the team is pretty weak.