1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicki Minaj

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Silvails52, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Silvails52

What are your opinions on Nicki Minaj?

2. Level75

Ear murder.

3. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

Lol

4. IllusiveRannoch

heard a couple songs of hers on the radio. pretty beaty. if you're asking about her attire, it's actually quite colorful.

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really have much of an opinion on her as a person but I do enjoy some of her music. I also think she is one of the best female rap artists. She's signed under Lil Wayne's label so that is to be expected. :wink:

6. rg93

Wait, isn't that the lady with the plastic... everything? :grin:

I'm not sure about her, but some of her music seems cheerful. :slight_smile:

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She used to be a promising female rap artist but now she's a weird and less talented imitation of everything and everyone else in modern music to the point of redundancy.
    Her songs are catchy, but what pop songs aren't? Her "rapping" has become increasingly more terrible, she demands respect but doesn't give any to anyone else, in interviews she sometimes sounds intelligent but then her actions when she doesn't think she's being watched are completely contradictory to what she says.

There are better pop icons, there are way better female rap artists, there are better songs, she's just kind of in the mix. :slight_smile:

8. Silvails52

Honestly, I don't know what to think of her. I mean, her songs can be catchy and entertaining, but I'm not a huge fan of all the cursing. And all of her alter egos make things really strange too...

9. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Didn't know who this was till this thread.

I am currently unsure of how to react. She's certainly colourful.

10. Level75

She is colorful. And her lyrics are daft. "I is Nicki Minaj" or "Bad bitches like me is hard to come by."

11. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've yet to hear a song of hers I can tolerate, and I've heard a variety of her songs, singles AND deep cuts. Her voice ruins the songs most of the time; she sounds like a British woman with a speech defect. I'm not trying to put down women with speech defects (or women who are British), but that just isn't a voice I want to hear someone rap it. Her song "Stupid Hoe" is easily in the top 10 worst songs I've ever heard. Nothing about it works musically; honestly, the lyrics are the most tolerable part of it.

The song of hers that I come the closest to being able to tolerate is "Beez In The Trap", which is at least interestingly off-putting, instead of just plain unenjoyable (until 2 Chainz does his guest verse, which is, no hyperbole, some of the worst rapping I've ever heard). A lot of the individual parts of the song sound like they could be good in other beats, but put together, it just doesn't work for me.

If anyone reading this does like her, more power to you. She's just definitely not the rapper for me.

12. qboy

Ear Torture...

... that after a few drinks you are up on the dance-floor singing along too - arggghhh!!!! (And even more annoyingly all the gay bars round here currently have here blimps in the windows on various posters and insist on playing her stuff too often). Actually just switched from a radio station playing her auto-tuned-to-death-racket to a bit of The Foundations - now that's better :slight_smile:

13. Alexander69

I LOVE NICKI HOLY SHIT! I lov her rap, pop songs anything she dose I love her she is amazing! She is so cool and I love her attitude!

14. SleepingAnyways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get that she gets negative critis, but I really like her. I like her personality and maybe it's just a phase or minor crush. Nicki Minaj Sings 'Super Bass' with Sophia Grace (Full Version) - YouTube (Nicki Minaj on the Ellen Show) I think.. that she is kind of cute and nice. She has a good voice and as and artist she is outstanding. As a role model and about all the cursing, well I don't like cursing, but you know she does clean versions. I don't know if it is all acting, but wanting to look good (not talking about appearance) is a quality of hers. Also I'm not sure if I'm blinded by love. I just happen to really like her.

15. alwayshope11

16. pianomike

Trashy and fake.

17. Silvails52

What first got me intrigued was her song "Roman Holiday." Apparently, the alter ego Roman is gay and the song is an argument between Martha (another alter ego, Roman's mother) and him. The live performance of this treats is like an exorcism (which I guess is appropriate in some cases). Thoughts?

18. julia

Annoying, just really annoying.

19. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My thoughts after listening to that song is that her voice is still annoying as sin. The backing beat is occasionally enjoyable, but it doesn't match her vocal delivery or the lyrics at all. If you like it, more power to you. It's just not at all for me.

20. Jared

[​IMG]

I have about the same opinion of Nicki Minaj as I do of Jynx, can't stand either one. All of her songs somehow manage to annoy me.