1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Want To Go Back Alone (Brazilian Short Film)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GingerGuy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. GingerGuy

Maybe some of you have already heard about this short. After all, it won many awards in its own country, and the Youtube video has comments coming from all over the world. And after watching it, thanks to the Gay Straight Alliance club in the school I used to study at, I can say that it is all very deserved. Here, there is nothing pretentious and aspiring to bring the emotions of the viewer out. Everything flows very naturally, like it is in real life, and perhaps this is why the short succeeds at being touching and joyful at the same time. I wont say more about it. This is a motion picture where emotions are not necessary. Please see it i you have time. I promise there will be no regrets.

Curta - Eu Não Quero Voltar Sozinho - Subtitles: English French Spanish Turkish - YouTube

2. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oouuuun *_*

SUPER CUTE STUFF!

Definitely worth taking a look, it makes me happy to see a brazilian production treat homosexuality with so much naturalism given this country's society.

I find it interesting how he puts the idea of liking someone, regardless of the gender, without actually seeing the person. Raises the idea that sexual orientation is not necessarily based in vision, of course all of us know it is more than that.

The audience who judge gays as human beings moved only by lust and sexual desire, which are related directly (but not limited) to vision, will begin asking themselves about that.

Brilliant!

3. Possibly Maybe

I stumbled across this short feature awhile back. Also it makes it easier that Portuguese is my native tongue :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

the movie is so cute!! I wished i had a better adjective for it, because it deserves it. I simply loved the way the love between the characters just happens so naturally- i'm saying this because normally on lgbt movies you normally get the big suffering, the enormous angst, and here (like in 'Beautiful Thing') you just see this feeling starting between them, and it's so beautiful and pure, just like every first love should be.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This was the final short film in the Melbourne Queer Film Festival young-adult film package last year. I know that for a fact because I was on the selection panel. xD It was far and away the best film we saw, and we probably saw 30.

5. GingerGuy

Good news guys! It has recently been announced (unfortunately I do not have a link) that this short is (finally, in my opinion) going to become a feature film! They will start filming next January. The story will be basically the same as the short, but with added scenes in order to deepen the characters and their relationships. I really can't wait to see it, it makes me scream like a fan girl! xD I think that, in case I am still in the closet then, it will be a great opportunity to come out to the rest of my friends, and maybe my family. I'll go see it in theathers, of course, and when the movie ends and everyone has tears in their eyes, ill just go to the front of the screen and scream: see how the way we love is no different from the way the majority does?

6. vere

I love this short film :slight_smile: and I usually am not so crazy over romantic stories.

7. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    The best part is the smile when he realizes that it was Gabriel who kissed him :*