1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real house wives

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alexander69, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Alexander69

What's your opinion of these shows? I was watching the real house wives of New Jersey I love the show now. I can go with out watching it but hey if it's on I like it.

2. i like the oc one but not the nyc one XD

3. Olivier

They are sometimes amusing and really just stupid, nothing will EVER EVER EVVVERRRR!! Beat desperate housewives....my life became pointless this year as they had their last season....

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My general response to reality television is twofold:

1. Wow, has our society really degenerated to this?

2. Wow, this is sooooo not "reality." It's obvious this is heavily scripted and people are responding the way they are because someone's told them to.

Actually, the first response came after looking at the list of reality shows available on Netflix. It really is a sad commentary on our society that there are just so many royally fucked up people, AND that the media makes a spectacle of other people's dysfunction for our entertainment.

So... in short, I generally avoid reality shows like the plague, but *particularly* ones with pretentious, entitled people with bogus problems. :slight_smile:

5. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :lol: ^ I couldn't agree more.

I was watching Keeping up with the Kardashians with a female friend of mine the other day, and I was amazed by how serious she took it all. She didn't seem to get that it wasn't as real as they try and make you believe it is. I do admit, it was quite entertaining.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I detest reality television. When I watch TV (which is often) I want to be transported, to escape from reality. I get enough reality from everyday life.

But I do love how some of the Real Housewives use the show as a platform to launch something else (like Bethenny Frankel did). And I think they misuse the term "housewife". Those women are clearly not goddesses of the domestic arts. xD

However, my staunch resentment of the series aside, I'd be lying if I said I couldn't name any of them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: