1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Korra vs Original?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Caudex, Oct 21, 2012.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Original Series all the way!

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I slightly prefer the Original Series.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I slightly prefer Korra.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Korra all the way!

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Which do you prefer? I personally preferred the Original Series; I miss Sokka, and while Bolin is an admirable attempt to take is place, he sometimes feels forced. And I also saw the Original Series and I associate lots of fun memories with it, like my first ski trip, but for Korra I just got the iTunes season pass and watched them and that was that.
    What do you think?

2. Original! It's my childhood!

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I enjoyed both, but I prefer Korra because it was just faster and more intense. It was also a shorter season so there was no need for filler episodes where nothing really happened or boring stuff. It went to the point, it was amazing, and it had a great story still.

I did dislike the fact that metal bender where weak as fuck for some reason. Its like they all forgot how to earth bend after mastering metal bending, which is ridcs since they are supposed to be strong earth benders in order to metal bend -_-

4. Jim94

I think the original serie is better but even Korra is good!

5. Night Rain

Why can't we love both? :frowning2:

6. PurpleSmurf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I liked the original series better. I was a kid when I watched it, so I guess I didn't know better but I loved the fillers! :icon_bigg They never rushed things with Aang.

But with Korra, it seemed like they only made it because all of the KataraxZuko fans threw a fit or something.. I didn't like how they ended the series.. Korra's just looking out into the ocean and BAM! avatar state is finally achieved and she can bend air all of a sudden, along with the other three elements..

I loved Lin Beifong, she was truly Toph's daughter.:eusa_clap

7. Minamimoto_Fan

Why can't I like both 0_o

I have to say, I liked Korra a bit more because of the fast pace it had, and the fact I was in a love triangle like Korra was so I could relate D: (I liked a guy, girl liked a guy, he was oblivious, etc)

I was glad to see bloodbending make a comeback because I thought it should have been used more in the original series. It was cool finding out how it played a role in Korra's story

8. Bebop

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At this point the original is the better show, I think Korra has a lot of potential (more than the original probably) but its first season wasn't that well paced. That said the first season of Korra was better than most of the first season of The last airbender.

9. kem

kem

Well, the original was a great series overall. Korra has some really great themes but the first season wasn't that great. It might become better than the original in the long run though.

10. Fiddledeedee

The original is far better with regards to pacing, humor, themes (IMO)... Korra didn't really grab me.