1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNN Breaking News (Heath Ledger cause of death)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by beckyg, Feb 6, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The NYC medical examiner's office has ruled that Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

I hope the media will quit dredging up stuff now and let him rest him peace.

2. Jeimuzu

Re: CNN Breaking News

All things considered, that was what I thought it'd be. After all, he'd pretty much said he was ODing on sleeping pills before he died. If I remember rightly, he couldn't sleep while making Batman, and had to up his prescribed dose of them.

The sad thing is that someone should have noticed. :-/

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

How do they know whether it's accidental or not? I'm not questioning them, i'm just curious to know how they know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

If they saythat he was having trouble sleeping I'd believe it.
    From what I heard and I'm sure pretty much everyone else heard was that he didnt sleep for days while shooting the movie just so he could be That insane as the Joker.
    So I cold see him havig huge troubles trying to sleep after making his body and mind adjust to staying up that long.
    Besides I'd rather at least think that was an accident,then knowing he killed himself for noo good reason.
    I could picture him getting frustrated not being able to sleep.
    Look at the lead singer of Drowning Pool.He had a massive migraine and just took to many asprin and had an accidental overdose so yeah it might not be that uncommon.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

My chiropractor tells me that the leading cause of death in the United States is accidental deaths from prescription medications. They are distributed so freely and nobody is paying any attention to how they interact with eachother. If you listen to those ads for prescription meds every one of them has a list of side effects. We need to start looking at the cause of our ailments and fix it rather than taking drugs for the symptoms.

Somebody asked on a talk show I was watching the other day, if actors in movies who are potraying tough characters have counseling on the set to help them remove themselves from the character. The answer to that is no! I can imagine that playing a character like The Joker would be very mind boggling. No wonder Heath wasn't sleeping.

6. Bader

Bader Guest

did he finish his role in the movie ?

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7231084.stm

The city medical examiner's spokeswoman said Ledger died "as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects" of the different drugs.

They include painkiller Oxycontin and anti-anxiety drugs Valium and Xanax.

Spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said: "What you're looking at here is the cumulative effects of these medications together."

Traces of painkiller ibuprofen and sleeping pills, Restoril and Unisom, were also found in Ledger's blood.

Ledger's father Kim said: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy.

"Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

That certainly seems to be conclusive enough that it was not suicide.