1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies that scared you.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lonewolf77, Oct 27, 2012.

1. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Since Halloween is only a few days away, I'd like to ask a question that was posted on my facebook account: What movie and/or character scared the living crap out of you growing up?

For me, it was the vampires in Salem's Lot. Especially the vampire in the rocking chair. I first saw that movie when I was 5 and I didn't sleep for about a week afterward. Even to this day, it sends chills up my spine.

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

The Fourth Kind
    The night I watched that movie, I wasn't able to sleep and pretty much was in bed trying to move at all or make a noise....I was terrified ....because the movie kept saying it was based on a true story......and I was really terrified so then in the morning I looked it up and it wasn't really based on anything...... -.-

3. Kyllani

At a 4th grade sleep-over, some moron parent let us watch Stephen King's "It". I've been terrified of clowns ever since!

4. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Don't feel bad. When this question was asked on facebook, a lot of people said that clown scared the piss out of them.

5. Andbenz0189

it didn't really scare the crap out of me, but it's still the best horror movie, i've seen: it's called The Loved Ones, i think it's amazing. When i was a kid it was clown that scared me the most, never watched it whole or anything, just the bits and pieces i could

6. Suffocation

That Jigsaw puppet used to make me shit myself, and as a matter of fact, it still does! :slight_smile:

7. MickiNinaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Katy Perry: Part of Me

that bitch is creepy as fuq.

[​IMG]

8. Ducked

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I ROFLd!

Evil Dead, Silent Hill, Event Horizon... my scary movie list goes on and on. But I love them all :grin:

9. Evil dead 2

it had one of the best jump scares I have ever seen in films.

10. Robin

The Exorcist. I watched it when I was like 6 :dry:, and, because I was so stressed about religion at the time, I started to wonder if I was going to get possessed or become the antichrist or something. I still can't watch it very easily. :lol:

11. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When IT first came out, I was like 5. I snuck into the living room to watch it with my brother's. Yeah it freaked me out something fierce lol. And now coincidentally IT is one of my favorite movies, very nostalgic lol.

Child's Play scared the heck out of me too when I was little.

12. julia

Oh gosh, what didn't scare me...
    When I was younger and some still now....Scream, The Shining, Chucky, It, Gremlins, Jeepers Creepers, Saw, The Ring, Thir13en Ghosts.
    And then movies I've watched recently that creeped me out... Trick 'r Treat, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Woman In Black, The Haunting in Connecticut.

13. FollowtheFreeman

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

To this day a single particular scene still scares me.

During the part where the UFO attacks the house that Jillian and Barry(the mother and son) live in and all of the appliances start turning on by themselves, that shit scares me. The atmosphere and the tension is perfect in that scene.

14. runner

wizard of oz, hocus pocus...basically the movies that shouldn't be that scary lol

15. Minamimoto_Fan

I can't handle any scary movies without somebody who can let me hold their hand :S
    I'm a wimp with scary movies because I have nightmares about the events of the movie happening to people I know. I wish I could watch 'em =/

16. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Japanese horror movies like The Grudge.

17. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I know its not even a scary movie but I used to be terrified of Jumanji, I still don't like watching it.

18. HatterMad

Silent Hill
    The older kids in one of the foster homes I was in were watching it, and of course, leaving meant you were a real sissy. i made it until he ripped her skin off, then I was out of there. have no idea how I even got that far in.

I'm pretty hard to scare with horror movies, becuase so many of them are funny, but that was...really awful.

i'll probly have nightmares about it now, just talking baout it. lol

19. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    Feng Shui (filipino film) this was actually the first movie that got me hook to asian horror, still the Lotus Lady scares me lool

[​IMG]

20. The Shining. I know it has probably messed me up in some way but i'm not sure how. OH, and the original Nightmare on Elm Street. I watched it when i was like 8......