1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy Meets World Sequel Being Planned

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim

Called "Girl Meets World"

‘Girl Meets World’ — Boy Meets World Sequel Series at Disney Channel - TVLine

I'm actually... intrigued. If this is done right, this could be amazing. :confused:

For anyone who doesn't want to read the article, essentially Disney wants to do a show based around Cory and Topanga's daughter, and are hoping to get Ben and Danielle to return in the roles.

I'm a little apprehensive, because it's Disney, but it has promise.

2. Tim

Tim

‘Boy Meets World’ sequel ‘Girl Meets World’ casting now: Meet Riley and Maya, the new Cory and Shawn - Zap2it

Well, they apparently like the fan reaction they've had for the past week, as this is the fastest I've seen a Disney show go from "Planned" to casting.

From tweets from Danielle, it appears as though her and Ben are indeed going to return as Topanga and Cory.

The first Morgan (Cory's sister), has made it clear on twitter/etc. that she would love to return as Aunt Morgan if Disney wants her.

3. FunnyMonkey

Can't wait this could be really good.

4. Kyllani

Zomg. I hadn't heard about this, and now I'm super excited. I still catch Boy Meets World on MTV some weekends, and I would love to see a sequel! Such nostalgia.

5. Tim

Tim

To me, it's all about if they can manage to get the old cast members back.

You can't have Cory and Topanga without Ben and Danielle. You just can't.

6. chelshy

I heard about this from a friend a few days ago and exploded with happynesd. That was a show from a time in my life where things were so simpiler and i wasnt so.... Messed up. I hope it is as good as the original and yes im a 90s kid that always says tv is no where as good as it was. Carttons and kids shows from when i was a kid were just. The best.

7. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    I also grew up watching this show ...Does anyone know if the guy who played Mr. Feeny is still alive coz I heard Cory might play his part if that makes any sense?

8. Tim

Tim

Yes, he's still alive, and still acting.

The current casting for the girl suggests that Cory is her teacher (and obviously, also her father)

9. Tim

Tim

Untitled

Danielle Fishel confirms she is going to be a part of Girl Meets World as Topanga.

This is honestly the first sequel I've seen recently where people were genuinely excited. Most people go "NO, they're going to ruin the memories of the first one!" But this one is getting great reaction. As Danielle said, just remember, it's a new show with familiar faces.