1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloud Atlas

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by runallday4, Nov 3, 2012.

1. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Ok, well, I haven't read or seen it yet, but I'm intrigued so I'm looking for your advice. For whoever has seen or read it, was it worth seeing/reading? Also, it's in movie theaters now, but is it the kind of movie where you should read the book first? Or will I be fine seeing the movie and reading the book later. It looked pretty confusing.

Thanks Guys

2. CTJ

CTJ

The film isnt out in the UK until next year, but i read the book a year or two ago and i always recommend it to anyone who shows interest. Saying that, i try as much as possible to read the book before i see any film it is based off.

Assuming you don't know a thing about the book, it is six stories spread over several centuries which are all linked in subtle ways. Each story gets half way through before proceeding to the next until the end of the sixth and then the previous stories get a resolution. So the stories go 1,2,3,4,5,6,6,5,4,3,2,1. My main issue with the book is that i didnt like story 1, so the beginning and the end of the book was a struggle for me.

3. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I watched the movie. It was nearly 3 hrs long. And worth every cent. I will warn you though, near the end I cried so hard. But it was amazing.=P