1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Movie Quotes

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jameson, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Jameson

Hey, everyone! So, what are your favorite quotes from any movie. Any quote that you can think of that you totally love or whatever :slight_smile:

For me, I have two-ish that I'll share. First is a line I heard pretty recently, in Lost in Translation, dir. by Sofia Coppola.

"Let's never come here again, because it will never be as much fun." -Scarlett Johannson.
    The quote is even in my signature!

I like it because it says that some things have such extreme novelty when you first experience it, that it may never ever be duplicated. For me, being gay ties into this, in some odd way. I'd never ever trade in my homosexuality for anything. For example, being straight, or thinking I was, maybe in a state before I came out of the closet, again. Life would never be as fun and challenging as it was when I was open and honest to myself. I can never go back to thinking I liked girls, because liking boys is way too fun :wink:

The second quote is from good ol' Kill Bill, dir. by Quentin Tarantino. I have a bazillion and one quotes I love from that movie.

However my favorite line is spoken by Beatrix Kiddo (Uma Thurman). In the film, she is getting a samurai sword from a man in Okinawa to deal with all of the people she kinda hates. The man is taken aback when she demands one of the swords, telling her they are not up for sale. She replies:

"I didn't say sell me, I said give me."

This line is basically saying "I want something. I am obviously not begging or asking or crying, and I will not have that thing sold to me or lended. I am telling you to give it to ME."

So yeah, what quotes and lines do you absolutely adore? You don't have to over-elaborate and write an essay like I have, but please give out the actor/actress that said the line(s), the name of the film, and those that directed it. Tell us a bit why you love it too.

2. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

1) The entire script of Mean Girls--that shit is basically scripture.

2) We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught. He can be killed and forgotten. But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world.
    -V for Vendetta

3) ...And in the Morning, I'm making Waffles!
    -Donkey from Shrek

3. whitwhit82

Every single one of my favorite quotes comes from Steel Magnolias. Best. Movie. Ever.

"Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face."

"I do not see plays, because I can nap at home for free. And I don't see movies 'cause they're trash, and they got nothin' but naked people in 'em! And I don't read books, 'cause if they're any good, they're gonna make 'em into a miniseries."

"Oh, Sammy's so confused he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt."

"That man is boil on the butt of humanity."

"I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood 40 years!"

"Oh, he's a real gentleman. I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it."

4. FollowtheFreeman

There Will Be Blood

"DRAAAIIINNNNAGE! Drainage, Eli, you boy. Drained dry, I’m so sorry. Here: if you have a milkshake... and I have a milkshake... and I have a straw; there it is, that’s the straw, see? Watch it. My straw reaches across the room... and starts to drink your milkshake: I... drink... your... milkshake! [slurps] I drink it up!" -Daniel Plainview

5. Robin

The poem from "The Grey", which is still the best movie I've EVER seen. I'm a sucker for artistic films.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.​

6. Harve

I used to think this, but then I saw Heathers. "well fuck me gently with a chainsaw; do I look like mother Theresa?"

Last line of Martyrs, my favourite ending to any film:
    "doutez, Étienne"

7. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Pretty much every line of V for Vendetta.

That and SHOW ME THE MONEY!.

8. Mai Hasegawa

"You can calm a chicken by putting its head in your mouth".

9. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

"That's all."
    from The Devil Wears Prada.
    And basically everything Dory says in Finding Nemo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Toaddy

The entire V for Vendetta movie, HAPPY FIFTH OF NOVEMBER ALL V FANS!
    "You see, according to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener". " -Demolition Man.

11. sunnii

I really need to see heathers. I LOVE Mean Girls and someone once told my I was like the girls from heathers so I need to check it out lol

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."

13. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    "I just can't think straight" - from the movie of the same title.
    "How can i go back? Im not who i used to be.... You are more than what you have become" basically the whole Lion King Disney movie xP

14. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "A Wizard is never late, He arrives precisely when he means too." - Gandalf

15. cutieboy201

"I wish i knew how to quit you..."
    ~Brokeback Mountain