1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies that made you cry

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Orion, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Orion

Yesterday I realised that I had never cried to any movie, as sad as it was. Including Titanic, life is beautiful (it's a beautiful life or whatever) cinema paradiso, etc.
    However, yesterday I watched Into the wild. And.. wow. Just wow. I mean that had never happened to me before!

So which movies made you cry? and why? Come on don't be shy, everyone cried at least once in their lives.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I cry at almost every movie. I cried alot through Titanic. I cry everytime I watch Brokeback Mountain. Somewhere in Time, The Notebook, The Bridges of Madison County are other ones that send me for the Kleenex.

3. BabyBoy

ok, i know this might be a dumb choice, but it makes sense. In Saw IV, there's this one part where the ladies pregnant and the guy accidently slams the door on her stomach and she starts bleeding out of that...spot....and she lost the baby. I ALMOST cried. Didn't, but I almost did.

And I cried during that one Keanu Reeves movie Hardball, cuz the smallest little boy on the lil softball team JUST played his first softball game, it was the LAST game, and he won the game for the guys, and on the way home, he got shot in a drive-by. I sure did cry.

4. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    geeze. . .this one is kinda lame, but this one movie on abc, lifetime, tbs, or something called Beaches. the end end where the mother died and left her child alone was really depressing.

5. Orion

Damn! I'm watching it again and it's the same all over again! It's so inspiring.
    And... I remember having a knot in throat while watching Titanic and Brokeback Mountain.
    Whew! Thank god I'm not the only weeper!
    Come on, any more tears anybody?

6. Emile

Emile Guest

The only movie I cried while watching it was the quebecer gay movie C.R.A.Z.Y. . That movie is such a masterpiece... wow.

7. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I usually get emotional, but for some reason my body just says no to tearing up. I can feel that "welling up" kinda feeling and my eyes sting but they near actually produce tears :confused: . There are exceptions: Titanic, C.R.A.Z.Y. and most of the vintage chick flicks.

8. Jerr

I recently watched a movie that made me sad...

The History Boys.

I love that movie. It is weird but it has a Dead Poet's Society feel to it.

Beaches is a good movie. We have it. The Over the shoulder boulder holder song is fantastic! lol Makes me laugh every time.

9. Astaroth

Yeah, love Beaches and Bette :wink:

My vote for the most tear-jerking movie I've ever seen is "Wit". No one ever seems to have heard of it or seen it that I talk to. But if you want your heart dragged through the mud, that's the movie to see. It's about a woman with terminal cancer. That's all I'm going to say, though. The ending is spectacular in its emotional depth. I have yet to watch it and not weep.

10. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmmm... The only one I can think of is Brokeback Mountain. I've cried several times at the TV show Lost as well. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

well I don't like to cry when people are watching me... the closest movie I prolly got to crying on was Titanic =o I <3 that movie

12. Alex89

Never seen Titanic, but i admit to crying at the end of The Last Samurai, despite hating Tom Cruise. I've studied Japanese for 5 years and done a unit on the cultural differences such as ritual suicide, and it really touched me.

Oh yeah, and it was very VERY close at the end of Return of the King.

And when I was about 10, Bicentennial Man.

13. Wired106

I don't really cry in movies but I feel like really bad sometimes. like I can feel myself about to cry or tear up sometimes but i hold it in. the closest one that has gotten me to cry was king kong because the gorilla died and they shot him. i felt so bad the first time I saw that in theaters lol.

14. gone with the wind when he left at the end and and ... ummm ... The Passion Of The Christand and and titanic and legends of the fall when that guy shot his wife in the car and he went all crazy

15. Bevo

Bevo Guest

Omg! i could have written that myself! i cried at the end of both those movies especially Last samurai where they all get machine gunned.:tears:

i cried the FIRST time i saw Titanic but i didn't after that.

16. Bader

Bader Guest

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Bader

Bader Guest

the only movie ive actully cried on is .... 28 days
    when sandra bullock find the lil girl in the bathroom with blood and she .....

i'll just let u watch the movie :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. ethene

i guess i never cried to a movie.. but i think i was close at brokeback mntn =o

19. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too! I think I have never cried during a movie, but there are some which got me really emotional and I could feel that my eyes are filling up with tears, but they just won't come out :lol:

For ex: Requiem for a Dream, LOTR trilogy, Mysterious Skin, Heaven, etc yeah I like drama a lot :icon_bigg But for some reason, Brokeback Mountain didn't do much for me...I thought it was an OK movie, the story was great but overall it was nothing special...even a bit boring. But I think that's because of the director, Ang Lee. I don't like any of his movies. :rolleyes: :icon_conf

20. davo-man

This is no joke, I was totally going to say that movie as soon as I saw the title...When she dies, it's so sad...That said, I've never actually cried during a movie. I just don't have the capacity to for some reason...BUt yeah, Beaches was really close...Also 2:37, cos I can totally relate to what the director was trying to say at the end of the movie

That's also a very sad movie, but also so good! Pretty much any movie with Sandra Bullock is going to be awesome