1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save “GCB"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Messed Up, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I know it’s been cancelled since June but I’ve signed it and made my friends do the same and didn’t even realize until NOW that I should have asked you guys to sign the online petition! I won’t post it as I’m sure I’m not allowed to but you should sign the online petition to SAVE GCB!

For those who don’t know what it is, GCB, based on the book Good Christian Bitches by Kim Gatlin, is an ABC comedy (from the producers of “Sex and the City) about a former highschool “mean girl” who bullied her posh Dallas highschool with her power and harassed a certain group of young women in particular.

Fast forward 18 years later, the former mean girl, Amanda Stoppard Vaughn, comes back home to Dallas having been changed for the better and mended her ways. After her husband cheats on her and dies leaving her family to relocate to Dallas from California, Amanda goes back to the Hillside, Texas, and embarks on a journey of self-discovery.

But the group of girls she tortured in highschool refuse to believe she has become a better person in the past 18 years. These girls, known as the “GCBs”, are now four of Dallas’ most powerful and richest women. Lead by Carlene “Kitten” Lourd Cockburn, played by Kristen Chenoweth, the GCBs try and make Amanda’s life impossible but she finds out soon that with friends, family, and mostly God, all things are possible. :slight_smile:

The show is hilarious, STELLAR casting, great storylines, satirically Texan (LOL), pro-Christian and pro-LGBTQ which is why the LGBTQ community responded so well to it and so much more! I think if you haven’t seen it you should try it! AND THEN SIGN THE ONLINE PETITION TO BRING IT BACK TO TV!

[YOUTUBE]KE69F-5CaQI[/YOUTUBE]

#1 Messed Up, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  2. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Oh, yea, and start with the pilot LOL

3. Emberstone

the only problem with GCB was that it was the kind of comedy that just cant sustain itself. it was a little too cliched, and a little too over the top. I loved it, but I expected the cancellation from the first episode on. we werent able to save pan am, which was a more solid show, so i doubt we can say gcb.

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

LMAO Thank you for your enthusiasm LOL :grin: