1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugly Betty

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hard Candy, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know this series had been cancelled, but I am watching it in DVD now. And I am very into it. Creative plots, quirky characters, surprising twists, sentimental lessons. And it's about achieving dreams. I Love it. Anybody else watch this?

2. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I looove Ugly Betty. I used to hide in my room to watch it because I didn't wanted to raise any questions from my father.
    My favorite characters are Wilhelmina, Amanda, Marc and Justin, specially Wilhelmina, Vanessa Williams did an amazing job playing her.
    I was so sad when it got cancelled, I thought people liked it.

What season are you watching?

3. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm starting Season 3. I heard people did like it. But thee network keep on changing the schedule, so the audiences got confused when to watch it, so the ratings flunked.

I watch it with my family, but they never questioned me. I guess it's because they know how interested I am in the publishing industry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I love Marc and Amanda, every scene they are in is like my highlight. But I love all of them. Hell, even the guest characters. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Marc and Amanda together are hilarious. And how could I forget the guest characters. Everything was great. The only thing I didn't like, I don't know if you are there yet, was the whole Molly story. I found it really boring and unnecessary.

5. darlig ulv

Ugh. Same. If I watched it on the TV and Marc or Justin came on, my dad would get ticked off. Great show though. WHY MUST THE GOOD GET CANCELLED YOUNG?!?!
    :tears::tears::tears:

6. Bolin

One of my favorite television series to date. I've watched the entire series about 3 or 4 times over on Netflix.

7. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I saw some of it before when it was still on TV. I kinda like it, or maybe I just like Molly. What's your favorite scene or episode?

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'm a bit biased since I saw the original Ugly Betty when I was younger so I could never really get into this version.

The original version was spectacular, though!

9. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You mean the Columbian one? Betty La Fea? I can't blame you. I heard it is the most watched soap opera in history.

10. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love ugly Betty , does anyone knowif the guy that plays Justin is gay?

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Yep, the Colombian one. It was a mega hit in the country at the time. Everyone would watch it and the next day in school that's pretty much what everyone would talk about haha

12. Tim

Tim

I got addicted to it a year or so ago.

Just sat down for like a week and watched every episode on Netflix, haha.

I'm still saddened it got cancelled.

13. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love it. Marc and Justin are my faves! And then Amanda. :slight_smile:
    I didn't watch while it was airing, but the four seasons are great, and they didn't end leaving me feeling hopeless and sad like all of the other shows I watch. I mean, the quality was still great, and it still had heart. Something like that.

My mom LOVES it, she loves family shows and is sad there aren't many on today so she loved them always showing the family together. Sorry for you guys who have to hide it, I guess I'm lucky. I'm still scared to watch such shows with my parents, but my mom stopped making bad comments.

14. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hard to say. I finished it a couple of years ago and overall I find most episodes were really good to me. I guess one episode I would never forget is the one where Justin comes to term with his sexuality and everyone, especially Marc, is super supportive. That episode left me pretty emotional.

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2012 at 06:09 PM ----------

Hi there :smilewave. Do you watch Modern Family? It's a great family show, and I think you and your mom will like it :slight_smile:

15. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I am kind of glad they didn't drag it out too long.

Sure, I'd have loved to see ever more new twists and turns, but I'm pretty happy that I'm left with just pleasant memories, instead of "I stopped watching around when Wilhelmina made an evil plan to take over Mode for the 50th time".

There is a point where a show becomes repetitive and a parody of itself, and I respect them for stopping before that point. Though, arguably, the concept of the show was that it already started out as a parody of itself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That said: I'm pretty hung up on it. I think I've watched it about 4 times now, with all the reruns they keep airing over here xD

16. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually I haven't. I've never seen it on TV and while it seems to be one of those things everybody knows about, I really know little about it and rarely hear anything about it.
    It could be another show that sounds like it's not my type and I end up loving it.
    Where do you even watch it at? Never seen it on TV. We have Netflix and Hulu.
    It's not like Will and Grace is it? I tried watching that one but wasn't interested, haha.

17. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's not like Will and Grace at all. I think you can watch it on Netflix, but I'm not sure.
    It's a great comedy show, you should watch it :thumbsup:

18. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Holy shit, Netflix said I would give it 4.5 stars(/5). And they're almost alwayes accurate.
    Well, Netflix doesn't have it for instant viewing, they have DVDs, which isn't a great option ATM. Hulu doesn't either.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I Wiki'd it and Dr. Farkus is the gay character?? Lol.
    It's the perfect candidate for a show that seems not my type and then I end up loving it. That's how all my favorite shows are. Is it more like Glee humor? I swear it's weird how little I know about it considering how huge it is. It's like it's hiding from me.

19. God no, Modern Family is funny.

20. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh god, Glee is amazing. (Seasons 1-2.) THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS.