1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favorite Architecture?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by NotBrian, Nov 17, 2012.

1. NotBrian

Have you ever seen a building which was most interesting to you? It could of been a mansion, a dream house, a castle, or even a fantasy building designed by a artist.

Mines was the Sydney opera house. When I see it in pictures, I can imagine something beautiful.
    I like how it looks on this pic.
    [​IMG]

What's yours?

2. Emberstone

Ionic... doric and corienthian is for douchebags and tools!!!

3. Muraba

Muraba Guest

I am in LOVE with modern architecture. I love houses like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what kind of architecture this is, but I love Cameron and Mitchell's house from Modern Family, the best TV show in the world:
    [​IMG]

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Art deco. I really admire the chrysler building.

5. dairyuu

I kind of love both planned city architecture (since I live close to a "planned downtown" with a beautiful space-filled design in the middle of a huge skyscraper cluster) as well as the monumental architecture of the capitol building and such. Said downtown below- (The twin buildings in the center are the best.)

Attached Files:

#5 dairyuu, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  6. Alexander69

I love chalet homes My lake home is chalet style and I love it the most. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2012 at 12:38 AM ----------

The modern home is really pretty but it's not very big. I also love modern homes like that the thing is they are usually small like 4,000- 8,000 sq ft. The other home you have there with the tiled roof that's like Italian., Spanish type look. Lots of mansions in California look like that :slight_smile:

7. Emberstone

I printed the picture of the second house. going to make it in thesims3.

8. Artemicion

I like specific styles, but has to be done right, nothing in between or half-assed.

Modern style but I prefer function over form.
    Art Nouveau style, but probably because most buildings in Vancouver are "new" in comparison to Europe. It's also mostly post-modern style which is quite...boring where I say it's a transition style between modern and art nouveau.

If only more architects where also designers...then we'll see more interesting buildings around. Also city policies on what they "envision" their city to be like...a bit stupid if someone proposes a spectacular building that doesn't "fit" the city image gets rejected.

9. timo

I'd be supportive if getting rid of policies means we would only get awesome buildings. But in reality, not having a vision or policies gives you this:

[​IMG]

I don't like any of these houses but the ufo thing is beyond awful. It doesn't fit in, it doesn't connect with the surrounding buildings and it should never have been built.

I know this is quite an extreme example but buildings like this are built in any neighbourhood where people are free to build what they want.