1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Horror movie fanatics here

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by teluphone, Nov 18, 2012.

1. teluphone

I'm a huge horror fan and i definitely enjoy those 80s slasher movies back in the day. Tell me your favorite scary movie EC

2. meee!

i still to this day like rosemarys baby. its not gory or anything at all, its just good!
    urm. hand that rocked the cradle... more thriller though. the omen! urm. texas chainsaw massacre (2006 one) that was awesome!
    i could go on and on and on lol.

3. Maunglwin

Orphan
    Scream series
    Final Destination series :grin:

4. teluphone

For me, it's

Scream series
    Psycho
    Cheesy 80s slasher films (Post friday the 13th part 1 movies)

5. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wes Craven's New Nightmare is my favorite horror movie, although Alien is a close second.

6. theMaverick

I don't care much for today's modern horror flicks because they tend to be more psychological, and I think am probably psychologically damaged or something because I tend to analyze it to death and obsess over it and freak out over it. Like they get into my head and play around.

Nothing beats Scream. Best horror films ever. Good ol' fashion straight up slasher flick.

7. Juggalo

Oh god. So many....
    Off the top of my head? Slither, Cabin in the Woods, King of the Ants, Planet Terror, Hobo with a shotgun, Man-thing, I Spit on your Grave, the Feast movies, Alien, the Dark Crystal (stfu it was scary when I was a kid), Bones, any zombie movie ever, etc

8. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I love Horror Movies. However, I like those with creepy atmosphere and clever twists more than gore and violence.

9. Hazel

I only like psychological horror, thriller, or good, ambient ghost stories. Slashers do nothing for me.

10. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree, though slashers are fun sometimes, I'm not very crazy about it. Psychological thrillers and playing with the atmosphere is more delightful, I think.

11. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I'm obsessed with all of the Halloween movies. I will forever be scared of Michael Myers' mask.

12. KarnKahlo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ahhh! Fellow Horror movie fanatics....I have found my place. My favorite films are the ones with a eerie creepy atmosphere. Kinda of like the Shining, The exorcist, amongst others.

13. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Love Horror movies. My favorite kind are the ones with creepy plots, mental/descent into madness type horror movies. I also love zombie apocalypse/doomsday survival type movies. Most importantly, if a movie can mind fuck me, it's good. Slasher films with no purpose get old quick. Not that I mind the gore at all, so long as its only a small feature to a good story that's already got me freaked out, not all there is to a story that has nothing else to offer. Here's a short list (because I could seriously go on and on if I tried to list everything.)

The Mist (Talk about a mind fuck :confused:? Loved it!)
    The Descent
    Misery
    The Sixth Sense
    The Shining
    Rosemary's Baby
    Night of the Demons (from the 80s--surprisingly really drew me in despite being super cheesy.)
    The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (70s Jodie Foster movie-not so much horror, but thriller like)
    All the Hannibals/Lambs, but absolute favorite: Hannibal Rising
    Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (another surprisingly good supernatural thriller. I was just putting anything on Netflix for background noise and ended up captured my the story of trying to guess "who is the wolf??" It wasn't scary, it was just a fun watch.)

A recent horror movie I saw that I thought was gonna be a mindless slasher film, but in turn it mind fucked me so good: Cabin in the Woods. Soooo fucking good! Just, gah! If you can have me yelping, laughing, worried, laughing again, then going "what the absolute fuck" for almost two hours, then you've succeeded as a horror movie. Reminded me of what the first Scream movie was in the 90s. A smart horror movie that made fun of horror movies without being outright parody (like the Scary Movie franchises.)

Also like horror movies from the 40s-60s because those eras were like masters at freaky plots. Even if the acting was cheesy, you were still freaked out by the end of the movie. Exs: Psycho and House on Haunted Hill.

#13 WillowMaiden, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  14. Koalaman

My favourites are:

•Alien (I tend to class this as sci-fi, but I guess the first one is also technically horror)
    •The Shining
    •American Werewolf in London
    •Cabin in the Woods
    •Paranormal Activity (All of them, although I missed the 4th one)
    •The Last Exorcism (Thought this was really entertaining, my friends who had to leave halfway through don't agree with me...)
    •The Sixth Sense
    •A Nightmare on Elm Street (The first one)

Probably a few others I've forgotten about.

But I'll watch and enjoy pretty much anything. The Final Destination films bore me a bit to be honest, but they do have good moments.

I can't watch The Others though. I saw it when I was 7 and I've tried to watch it I couple of times since, but I just can't. There's one scene in it that really scared me and still does.

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2012 at 05:06 PM ----------

I'm glad to see Cabin in the Woods get a mentions. Everyone I know who saw it thought it was just terrible and that I was weird for loving it so much... haha

15. hhj399

hhj399 Guest

my favourite would have to be One Missed Call

16. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

All the Alien movies (including the recent prequel Prometheus), all the Predator movies, all the Exorcists, Friday the 13th(s), Sleepy Hollow, I also really liked The Thing, The Dark, Tall Man, The Woman in Black, oh my lists go on and on, muahaha... xDD

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2012 at 05:33 PM ----------

Omg and The Cabin in the Woods was hilarious!! loved it!!!!

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2012 at 05:35 PM ----------

And the Shining! And Halloween! (even both the Halloween remakes)

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2012 at 05:36 PM ----------

And the Raven was really great as well. Thoroughly enjoyed.

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2012 at 05:37 PM ----------

Daybreakers was amazing too...I'm sure I'll think of more, just my minds empty right now.

17. teluphone

Haven't seen Alien in a long time (since i was a kid) thinking of renting that movie after my exams

18. theMaverick

I just watched Contagion last night and it scared the living daylights out of me.

Favorites -
    IT.
    The Shining
    Halloween (original and remake)
    Scream
    Paranormal Activity 1
    Splinter

19. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG ... to this day the one and only movie that has ever scared the shit out of me is The Entity ... the score on that alone, still gives me the chill. I am a huge horror movie fan, and of course a true Dead Head. I will watch and read anything zombie, but I love the gorey slasher films. Here's a few of my favs.

1. Martyrs - It's a french flix ... but totally awesome and will make you cringe.
    2. The Collector
    3. Red White & Blue - More of a Physchological Thriller - but the movie is brillant and I saw it on Netflix about 2 months ago, and it was the best movie I have seen all year!!!
    4. 3 Extremes
    5. Irreversible - Another French film. This opens on a horrific scene at the end of the day and then back tracks throughout the day reviewing the events leading up to it. Again another brillant flix.

These are just a few.

#19 Jonimarie, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  20. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Squeeeeee! I love horror movies! Slashers are my favorite (Saw, Scream, etc), but I like them all! Except most werewolf and vampire movies. Those are just bad. Except the FIRST Lost Boys and Dracula.... and Nosferatu. That was too funny to hate. Like, it was SO bad, it was good.

My favorite "bad guy" is Jason. My favorite horror is either Invasion of the Body Snatchers or Psycho OR maybe Poltergeist.

#20 RemyLeBeau, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012