1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warhammer!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pyrotactick, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Pyrotactick

I got bored and looked around this forum for some warhammer stuff and I found NOTHING specifically for this. Maybe nobody here plays the stuff or collects it. I have a couple models (nothing too fancy), so I thought it could be fun for people to discuss warhammer related stuff here! Anything from showing off, game matches, tutorials, chit chat, news, and questions! Please keep it Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, or Warhammer Lord of the Rings related. :grin:

2. Pyrotactick

I forgot to add and I can't change it now, but those who don't know what warhammer is, it's pretty much a board game with you controlling an army of miniatures (you paint and create/customize). Home Page | Games Workshop <---there website (warhammer 40k version)

3. vyvance

In high-school I played a Wood Elf army in Warhammer, and Dark Eldar/Necron armies in 40k. Haven't played in a few years but I probably should still have the armies in a box somewhere.

4. CTJ

CTJ

I never actually liked the game, i just loved the painting and collecting. Considering i didn't actually play the game, i had several impressive armies. I had a Tyranid collection which was my first and admittedly poorly painted, followed by an Eldar and then a massive amount of Lizardmen. I loved my lizardmen and they were painted pretty well if i dont say so myself. :slight_smile:

I just refuse to pay the prices for them now though, i havent collected in about 7 years.

5. Pyrotactick

Yeah! There a bit expensive aren't they? I do my share on the saving and buying in bulk when they release big packages or buying local lowers the price. So far I've got two squads of tau stealthsuits, a crisis suit that I'm currently converting, a starter squad of space marine and tyranids (Battle for Macragge starter). Did you do any converting?

6. dillifaf136

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tried joining an all straight gaining group as a newbie to the 40k universe myself but felt very alienated pretending to be back in that proverbial closet!

7. Naregelys

Out Status:
    All but family
    I play 40k heavily and own about 4k points of chaos space marines

8. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a space marine army of about 3000pts that's been collecting dust for a couple of years. However, I'm thinking August might be the month I shake it off and start painting 'em again!

(But I'm only really a hobbyist now after GW got rid of the FO Chart and broke the game)