1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russell Brand's WBC guests

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pain, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Pain

Pain Guest

Russell Brand Surprises Westboro Baptist Church With Gay Men on His FX Show (Video) - Hollywood Reporter

VIDEO

I have a new respect for Russell Brand, after hearing what he had to say in this instance.

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Ha, I like how insecure the two hateful idiots are at the end, especially the bald skinhead-looking one, fearing that just being touched by Brand would make them gay or something. Closet cases?

3. MickiNinaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol. how did he not drag those wankers by their cheap tacky t-shirts

and I really wish people would realize Westboro thrives on attention. You're literally giving them exactly what they want.

4. Mogget

I want to give Westboro attention. I want everyone to know about them and what they do. But it has to be done right, it has to be made clear that the differences between their theology and the rest of the homophobic Christians are miniscule.

1) Mainstream homophobic Christians (MHC) believe that God will punish America if we don't repent of the sin of allowing homosexuality.

WBC believes God is already punishing America for allowing homosexuality.

2) MHC believe that people who practice homosexuality (which I'm abridging to "gays," but the distinction is important to both groups) will go to Hell and be tortured forever.

WBC believes that gays will go to Hell and be tortured forever.

3) MHC believe that God doesn't want gays to go to Hell, but must send us there because of our sins.

WBC believes that God wants us to go to Hell and decided we would go there at the beginning of time because of our sins.

4) MHC believe it is an expression of God's perfect justice that we will go to Hell.

WBC believes it is an expression of God's perfect justice and almighty will that we will go to Hell.

5) Switching up the order here: WBC believes God hates gays. Fred Phelps defines "hate" as "not an evil passion as it is with men, but a fixed determination in the mind of God to send the unrepentant sinner to Hell."

MHC, according to WBC's definition of "hate" believe that God hates gays.

5. Ridiculous

You gotta give the WBC props for not being Christian Apologists, though! If you don't make artistic interpretations about Christianity, then you end up in the same camp as these two.