1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melodic Dubstep?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by bmcclai1, Nov 22, 2012.

1. bmcclai1

Now, when I first started listening to Blackmill, Seven Lions, Trentemoller, etc. I hated it. My friend introduced me to Blackmill and like I said I hated it, but it made me feel something no other genre of music had made me feel before. It made me feel so happy but then so sad. I didnt want to listen to it but I had to listen to it. I couldnt stay away. It has slowly been growing on me and I listen to it everytime I go to sleep. Why does this music make you feel so strange. How does it bring these emotions forward? I wan to cry when I hear it but then just hug someone and tell them how much I love them. DO any of you feel the same way about this music?

2. caramba2654

I dunno. I can hear it right now... But I'll definitely do when I can.

For me, every kind of music has a description. Metal is the music of anger. Rock is the music of happiness. Pop is the music of fun. And dubstep is the music of hope. At least for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. TheDifferent13

When I first heared of dubstep, I didn't think much of it either, but it started to grow on me and I really enjoy it now. It has it's own soul to it. A friend of mine also linked a video of someone playing some dubstep on a launchpad and it's pretty amazing.
    Here's a video of it if you're interested:
    [YOUTUBE]3vC5TsSyNjU[/YOUTUBE]

4. Ticklish Fish

I listen to progressive trance and european trance that tends to give me emotions lol
    not a fan of dubstep here