1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my iPod is dead.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SlickyPants, Feb 14, 2008.

1. SlickyPants

So anyways, yesterday my iPod was working just fine and the battery was getting low so I docked it and let it charge overnight. I woke up and found my iPod screen flickering on and then off every now and then. The screen would light up for a split second and then off again for a random period of time. It has stopped flickering now but it is still bricked.

Does anyone have any ideas? Here's a video.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzSEfOzUUw[/YOUTUBE]

I looked on Apple's website and it looks like it'll cost around $150 to get it replaced because I lost the receipt and can't prove it falls under the 1 year warranty. I think I might end up just buying a new one.

2. davo-man

Have you tried restarting it? I think you need to hold down either the play and middle button together for a while or the play and menu button...I dunno, I think it's two of those middle buttons held down for 5 secs restarts it...Other than that, I think you should get a new one

3. Alex89

Something similar happened to a friend of mine's iPod. Apple wouldn't fix it without a huge fee (might have been the $150, I didn't ask him).

He ended up just buying a Creative Zen and has been using it since.

4. SlickyPants

Yeah, I've tried resetting it but that does nothing.

If I do get a new one I'll definitely be holding on to the receipt. I'll probably get another iPod because I have an iPod dock in my car so I've sort have been locked into getting another iPod, that and I've already encoded all my audio in Apple's lossless codec.

5. Jerr

Go with a Zen or a Zune.

6. Wired106

maybe for a start you should try pushing the power button... lol jk :grin: . you should get an ipod touch!! They are so awesome. I have an ipod touch and its cool because you can go on the internet in a wifi connection like at the airport or startbucks or w/e and you can do homework in notes and email it to yourself so you can print it out and you can do a ton of other stuff! :slight_smile: There so worth the money. Personally I wouldn't want to get the Zen or Zune because the ipod touch 8g one isnt much more money, if any, that those other mp3's and it can do so much more and is way more advanced.

7. jocr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    uhhh you can prove the warranty because you have the serial number. there you go. check if you have the warranty, go to the ipod store and tell them to type it and check it on their data base...

and its been happening around the world. the ipod has some kind of self destruct or time out thing and just begins to fall apart. the first generation of ipods dont work AT ALL... well it does if you dont use it much but if you use it on a constant basis, it will break which is super retarded.

mine broke within a year and i listen to it like 8-10 hours a day... well... not considering that i dropped it like a bajillion times....

i have the iphone!!! and watch, its gonna break...