1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who likes reading?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MatthewJS, Nov 22, 2012.

1. MatthewJS

Im just wondering. I currently reading the Divergent trilogy.

2. Bree

I love reading, but I currently have very little time for it. I'm working on a novel of my own.

3. jeweledweevil

Out Status:
    A few people
  4. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I love reading. Particularly fantasy and crime novels.

5. Gen

Gen

Love to read.

I read Divergent. I tend to read in the genre I am currently writing in and since the series I am working on is YA Fantasy, I have been devouring it lately lol. But Fantasy/Dystopian are usually my favorite to read and write in. Anywho, I thought Divergent was a fun read for most of it, dont know if I really cared for where Roth went with it....But I am picky anyway.

I'm kind of in book-limbo because, one I need to go book shopping again, and two time has been hard to come by these days.

6. CTJ

CTJ

I love reading but i go through these pain in the ass stages. For a week or two i will devour book after book and get almost no sleep. I usually go through 2-3 a week. Then i wont read again for several months. I'm essentially a binge reader.

7. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

Reading is amazing, but it is hard to find time to! Either way, fantasy/sci fi/mystery books rule!

8. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aha, I love reading. I'm currently on book 7 of the Skulduggery Pleasant Series.

9. KarnKahlo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love reading! Right now I am reading The Shining by Stephen King and so far it is interesting. Waiting for it to get scary!!!

10. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love reading, usually I read fantasy or crime fiction. Right now, I'm going between reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and reading the third book of the House of Night series.

11. In The Clouds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love reading so much. I'm currently half-way through A Game of Thrones, but I haven't had much time to with school and all my extracurricular activities.

12. Hazel

I'm re-reading Stephen King's Lisey's Story. It's very different from his usual style and is about the widow of a famous writer trying to set his affairs in order a few years after his death. It's a whopping 650 pages, though.

13. rday13

rday13 Guest

I love it! History, mystery, historical fiction, fantasy...I have a little more time on my hands now, but otherwise most of my reading is non-fiction (in particular, scientific stuff).

14. Yamato

I love reading. I mostly read fantasy. I am currently trying to read the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett but there are so many of them. I also want to read A Song of Ice and Fire seires.

15. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Because of my mother's insistence in reading to me at a early age, I started grade 1 at a grade 6 reading level, and never looked back.

I used to read a book or two every couple of hours, but I slowed down, and I know only read a couple of chapters a day

16. Nikkita

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me me me! :grin: I started to read when i was 2,5 and never stopped it.Now,i started to ''Kan Kokusu'' (could be translated as ''The Smell of Blood) by Ulrike Schweikert.

17. starmarie

starmarie Guest

I love reading! But being in college, I have less time than I would like to read for fun. :frowning2: I'm also an English major so I'm reading something all the time...but I'm going to start rereading His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman (again) because it's one of my favorite series.

18. Reading is great. There is SO little time though for me, I can't stand it sometimes. Need to take a whole day, just sit and read. I've been reading mostly student material, textbooks and such. Although I have read stuff like A Series of Unfortunate Events. Very well written.

19. Juggalo

I've read two and a half novels today. Does that count? rofl
    Finished Brian Keene's "The Conquerer Worms again today, then read the first Resident Evil book, now halfway through the second one. I read abnormally fast, though, so I know this isn't normal.

If you like a mashup of science fiction and thrillers, Igive Jeff Somers all of my praise. He has four, maybe five books out now, as a series. I read the first one, then went to B&N and bought 2 more, and ordered the fourth. Great story, unique point of view, and the writing style is....wel. Lets just say the main character knows how to swear. Creatively. lol

20. Koalaman

I love reading. I really like sic-fi/horror/fantasy the most. And there are some great Black Library books!

Currently have a couple of books on the go (Atlas Infernal and The Vampire Lestat).

Darren Shan, JRR Tolkien, JK Rowling, Anne Rice and Sandy Mitchell are some of my favourite authors.

Really enjoy reading comics as well. I don't know what I'd do without my weekly trip to the comic shop!