1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I watch MLP?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TotallyaGirl, Nov 22, 2012.

1. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

I don't usually dedicate myself to fandoms, but othe bronies/pegasisters seem to really enjoy MLP. I've never watched it, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me why it's so great. Thanks :grin:

2. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

For me I love the fandom for many reasons but I am incredibly impressed by the artists that have flocked to the Brony flag and pour so much creative energy into the show.

And generally how nice the other Bronies I have come across seem to be.

3. TheSeeker

Yes, yes you should. I am not normally one for shows aimed at children (though I have a soft spot for "Rocko's Modern Life"), but MLP is different. It is smart, funny, wonderfully animated and just altogether well done.

It's also nice to watch a show with a positive message that doesn't just insult people all the time or rely exclusively on toilet humor. No, MLP is more like a concentrated dose of happiness. Go for it!

[​IMG]

4. Hazel

Skip the pilot episode and give a random one a try. I don't understand why some people develop borderline obsessions (or outright obsessions) with it, but it has a cute animation style, it's light-hearted and cheery, and there are jokes aimed at older audiences hidden here and there.

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just watched the first episode... IT... WAS... AWESOME... :eek:

LoL I didn't think I'd like it but I do. I'm on to the second episode! :thumbsup:

6. caramba2654

Can't we just show everyone this scene?

[youtube]81uLTl0y5YM[/youtube]

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I can't really say why it's so great. All i can say is that a friend of mine told me to watch the episode "Lesson Zero", which I did. And after finishing it, I said to myself, "Well, that was good, but nothing special... one more episode... one more episode... one more episode..."

8. DarkClarity

Ever since I stumbled across this video I've been wondering whether to watch an episode to see what it's like. It just made my laugh and that clip that caramba2654 posted has made me want to check it out.

[YOUTUBE]No More Ponies - Ranking list - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

9. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like it because it has well-developed, believable characters, and most of the plotlines don't depend on some sort of villain.

10. DarkClarity

I'm currently watching the episode that Owen mentioned in his post. Not bad so far.

11. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes you should. I watch it for the songs and the characters, if you can't find at least one character you don't relate to in someway then that would be the first i've heard of it.

Even if you don't want to get too involved in the fandom you don't have to. Just watch the show and be happy

12. FollowtheFreeman

Without a doubt you should. When I first heard about the show I didn't care about it and I knew that I wouldn't care about the show. Up until I was bored one night and decided to check out the first episode. Then the next. Third episode. And finally I watched the fourth episode. At first I couldn't understand why I liked it, but I did. It took a couple of weeks to fully appreciate the show, but damn those were a good couple of weeks.

The show is awesome, the fandom is creative, and the people are some of the coolest you will ever meet.

13. caramba2654

And I also watch the show, because there are some bronies that are simply awesome. And I'm highlighting the musician ones: Bronyfied, Aviators, PinkiePieSwear, Living Tombstone, etc... They take the show to a whole new level.

14. All Star

All Star Guest

Yes you should. Start with the episode Lesson Zero. It seems to be what most Bronies recommend first, and that's what my Brony friend recommended me. I loved it!

15. Mogget

Yes, you should. Skip the premiers and finales until you've watched enough middle episodes though. Season Two is generally better than Season One.

16. caramba2654

Yeah, Lesson Zero is the conversion episode. XD

Although the Discord ones would be pretty good for that too, but only if they weren't plot episodes.