1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Louie CK is my hero.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Joey4, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Joey4

Not because of this specifically, but overall just in general. I thought this portion of his standup fit this forum well.

[YOUTUBE]UiH4n8Yz380[/YOUTUBE]

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love basically everything he does. :grin:

3. One of my favourite stand ups after George Carlin, and in my opinion has one of the most amazingly original shows of all time in "Louie"

4. Joey4

Carlin is my all time favorite. I've seen each of his HBO specials at minimum, five times each. I've probably watched Carlin at Carnegie 30 times..maybe more.

If you're a Louie fan, you were probably a Carlin fan. I just regret not having seen him live before he passed away.

5. I think that's my favourite period of his. That and Class Clown are my personal favourites, just pure genius. The car routine in Class Clown never fails to leave me breathless crying o n the floor.

And so I don't completely derail this thread

Louis CK on Carlin:

Louis CK honors George Carlin - YouTube

6. Joey4

First, not derailing whatsoever. It's all relevant. And that's awesome you found that. I'm almost ashamed that I wasn't aware of that prior to you posting it. So thanks for that.

I think it came full circle for me when Louie did Chewed Up, I think it was, and a message flashed that read "dedicated to George Carlin." I think then I knew what kind of person I was, or at least my humor, because of how important Carlin was to CK.

I remember when I was 12 or 13 I think it was. It was New Years Eve, 99 going into 2000 and after the ball dropped, my mom and her friend turned on HBO and they were showing "You Are All Diseased." I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

When Columbia House was still around, I did that "order 15 CDs for a penny." Among the CDs I ordered was that same standup. I listened to it ALL the time. My mom even tried to hide it from me. She didn't care about most things, but didn't want me to listen Carlin.

A year after he died, I spent $130 on the Carlin collection. HBO was only rerunning maybe three comedy specials of all the ones he had done. Having that collection and watching the first two changed my world. I love early Carlin the most, even though I started loving later Carlin at first.

And you're right. Class Clown is solid.

#6 Joey4, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  7. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

CK is one of the best. I love all his work and even his humorously depressing TV show. :lol: I love his sense of humor. This bit on gay people had me dying. :lol: :lol:

#7 WillowMaiden, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012