1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Teen Wolf a good show?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by runallday4, Nov 24, 2012.

1. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Is Teen Wolf actually a good show? I watched the first episode, and it seemed...predictable? I don't know, it seemed like it didn't have the most creative plot. Is it worth giving it another try? Because I usually like sci-fy shows, and this one even has hot guys in it. Then again, it is on MTV, so it's probably aimed more towards tweens. So, what do you say? good or bad?

2. IanGallagher

I'd say it's one of the best shows on regular television right now. Its seasonal arcs are far from predictable, especially in season 1, because no one was able to guess how everything would turn out with the "big bad" and who it was. The same with season 2, but nearing the end a couple people were able to figure out. BUT basically - I'd say it's safe to say over each season's run it's proven to be quite a mystery.

3. theMaverick

IT'S SUCH AN AMAZING SHOW!!! Sorry, I freakin love it.

4. Bree

I just watched it (12 episodes one day, hehe) and really enjoyed it. I didn't think it was THAT serious, but it was fun to watch. The pilot episode was a bit fast-paced, I thought, but I've yet to see a pilot that I thought was quite as good as the rest of it, and they only had 12 episodes to work with. You also don't know as much as you think you do at the end of it. I don't think it's predictable. Especially season 2, I was VERY surprised at the end. I also thought that some of the acting improved dramatically (pun intended) between the two seasons, which was nice to see the growth, especially since it was pretty good in season 1 anyways.

...and I freaking love Stiles.

5. zuckonit

YES

YES wow I'm replying to this super late

but YES

6. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I forgot about that show, I remember that I really liked the first season and the second season is on Netflix, yay.... I know what I'm going to watch tonight.... But, yes it a good, but I wouldn't say it one of the best T.V. shows that are on right now....

~Josie

7. DarkClarity

Yes it is. It's a great show and I recommend watching it.

8. FemCasanova

It is always hard to answer these questions, because it is so subjective, and depending on what you like, what genres you prefer, etc. But in my opinion it is. I got hooked after the first 3-4 episodes. What sells it for me is the humor, the action, the atmosphere, the acceptance of gay people`s existence without making a big deal out of it, the writing. The plot is mostly good too. So, it is definitely worth a watch, at least until you have gotten a better impression of whether or not it`s your type of show.

9. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

I am also going to state, that Teen Wolf, is one of the BEST TV Series! :grin: :grin: :grin:
    I LOVE Teen Wolf, and the guys in Teen Wolf are to :eusa_droo over!!!! :wink:
    As far as Teen Wolf being predictable...it so isn't!!! Just as "IanGallagher" stated above. (QUOTED) :slight_smile: There is a lot of things that take place at once, in each episode of all the Seasons of Teen Wolf. It an awesome TV Show!
    (!)(!)(!)(!)

ME TOO!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

10. MixedNutz

Just watched both seasons within 4 days last week. GREAT show. Not as predictable as you think.

11. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yes it`s worth watching. It`s funny as well as being scary. Stiles is great and funny. Great looking guys on there to. Stick with it.

12. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's OK, in my opinion. Not one of my favorites (Blood Ties is probably the best paranormal TV show I've seen) but certainly watchable.

13. FemCasanova

I loved it! What is lacks of originality it more than makes up for with charm, personality and wit. It`s a humorous show, with adorable characters who you end up caring a lot about. It`s got a very natural LGBT element, which isn`t endorsed nor cursed, it`s just naturally there and accepted as a part of reality. It`s also got some good suspense and interesting scenes. But what it really scores with is the wit in the writing. There are so many genuinely witty come backs, lines and scenarios. In one episode they have to venture into a gay club, to save their gay friend, only to get busted by the Sheriff, who happens to be the father of one of the main characters. Then that character tries to get off the hook by implying he`s gay, to which the father responds... well, I won`t ruin the humor by retelling the entire scene, but I laughed my ass off, especially at the look on the main characters face, and how he gets insulted that he cannot pass as a gay teen.

It`s a great show that got me severely hooked, so I recommend it to anyone who is interested in snappy lines, good writing, nicely fleshed out characters and the urban fantasy genre.